Classic Mac
  1. 128K
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
  4. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I wonder if anybody can help me, please. I have built a new hack about 3 weeks ago and its running 10.12.6 great, however, I can't install 10.13.3. I have tried from a USB 2 stick, plugged into a USB 2 port. I have tried upgrading from the SSD (1tb 850 Pro). I have even cloned the SSD from my retina MBP onto an External USB 3.0 drive plugged into a USB 2 port and all of them give me a panic, the same panic in all situations.

I've followed JCMunsonsII's IX Hero build & Storks VIII Hero build, and with the exception that I cannot get past this panic on 10.13.3 install, 10.12.6 run flawlessly.

I'd really appreciate help and advise on this one.

brams

Attachments

• Panic.jpg
    Panic.jpg
    815.8 KB · Views: 140
  • Boot Options.jpg
    Boot Options.jpg
    735 KB · Views: 122
  • Gfx Injector.jpg
    Gfx Injector.jpg
    760.7 KB · Views: 165
  • CLOVER.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 44
  • :Library:Extensions.png
    :Library:Extensions.png
    151.4 KB · Views: 129
  • IOReg.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 45
  • System Report.zip
    274.6 KB · Views: 50
Is there any chance anybody can help me with this as I have still not found a solution.

Thanks

• I went for a Vanilla installation on my Intel 200 Series MoBo (GA-Z270X-Ultra Gaming) with same CPU with its Integrated Graphics first and later an AMD Radeon 5450.
  • I have an illustrated post at https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ming-i7-7700k-intel-hd-630-radeon5450.239427/
  • Instead of all those SSDTs as shown in your CLOVER why don't you try a Vanilla installation and then as post install make changes as needed.
  • Troubleshoot will be a really big task with so many changes already made to the system with all those add ons to CLOVER.
  • If you start with a Vanilla install and find any issues, I will try to help if you can post with Screen shots.
  • Booting should ALWAYS be in Verbose (-v) mode, until you get a System that can boot without the Installer.

OK, I did everything you advised with no change, however, I think I have a good idea what the culprit is. I have two NVME drives the second slot as a 512GB 950 Pro, the first slot has a 32GB Intel Optane module. All things being equal, then as I see plenty IX Heros etc, and systems with 950 Pros working fine with macOS HS, then I assume the panic is being caused by the Optane module. This is kind of supported by the fact that panic backtrace states: NVMe Command timed-out and request found in the completion queue.

So I will wait until real Macs use Optane NVMe drives the try again, meanwhile is there a way to disable the NVME in macOS, possibly with a Clover patch? there is no way to disable in the BIOS

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
OK I'm happy to report I killed it!, like I said it was the Optane NVMe. I patched it out using this method of creating an SSDT using this method here:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...h-ionvmefamily-using-class-code-spoof.210316/

Thanks to RehabMan for creating the patch and cmn699 for assistance.
Hello, so did you get Optane working under macOs? If so, could you please explain a little bit in detail please? I'm having trouble installing an Optane ssd into my MacBook Air 2017 as main drive... Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back