Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lenovo 330S-Clover
CPU
i5-8250U
Graphics
HD 620 1920x1080
So the solve was a case of a NooB not fully reading / understanding the VoodooI2C install instructions - specifically the DSDT patches and following the GPIO pinning instructions - once my device was correctly pinned - trackpad issue solved.

Also ensure you apply the Windows 10 patch in ReHanMan's version of MaciASL Editor to ensure the trackpad shows up in MacOS Control Panel.

Hope that helps someone else

Cheers everyone!

----------------------

Hi Everyone,

I hope someone can help. I've been building my first Hackintosh Laptop, using many of the great guides on this site.

Big thank you to RehabMan and erinviegas.

My system is as shown in my profile:

Lenovo 330S-14Kikb-81F40, latest BIOS
8GB RAM
256GB NVME
HD620 active, with AMD 535 deactivated in BIOS

I have the original Intel Wi-Fi card installed, I have ordered a Broadcom card to replace it.

What is currently working:
Display
Brightness Slider (SSDT-PNLF)
Brightness keys (Patched DSDT)
Sleep (from Apple menu)
USB Ports - All
Battery Status (Patched DSDT)
Audio (Out + In)
On board camera
Wi-Fi via USB D-Link DWA-171
Bluetooth

Not working yet:
Trackpad
Sleep on LID close (screen etc all stay lit / on)

My current challenge is the TrackPad, it's a ELAN 469D. According the IORegistry (file attached in Zip) it's seen but it does not show up under control panel or work in any fashion (so I am using USB mouse for now).

I believe this trackpad uses I2C so I have inserted the latest VoodooI2C kext's. IORegistry shows the trackpad under VoodooI2C, but ALSO further down the IORegistry, I see a TPD0 entry with the same details.

I've tried with and without VoodooI2C as well as VoodooI2CELAN.kext and VoodoI2CHID.kext - all without success.

Hopefully this is something simple I am missing or it's a DSDT tweak.

Can anyone please point me in the right direction to try a fix. I've attached files so hopefully that will give a full picture of my setup.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions!

Screen Shot 2019-10-11 at 20.52.30.png

Screen Shot 2019-10-11 at 20.52.47.png

Attachments

• debug_4844.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 104
Last edited:
Hi,
I am having the exact same issue. Please could you detail how you manage to resolve this?

Hi pineapple85, so sorry for the late reply, I've been traveling. If you still have the same issue here is the thing that foxed it for me.

The main one for me was to apply the Windows 10 patch from ReHabMan to my DSDT, that then made the trackpad snow up in control Panel. Read this article linked below if you haven't already:

Assuming you have the same model trackpad etc that should do it. Let me know...

Good luck.

Hi pineapple85, so sorry for the late reply, I've been traveling. If you still have the same issue here is the thing that foxed it for me.

The main one for me was to apply the Windows 10 patch from ReHabMan to my DSDT, that then made the trackpad snow up in control Panel. Read this article linked below if you haven't already:

Assuming you have the same model trackpad etc that should do it. Let me know...

Good luck.

Hi osxbrit,

No problem at all.

Managed to get it all working - I hadn't removed the files from system library extensions.
After this everything worked well.

Yesterday I bought a WD Green 240GB SSD and installed it into the laptop to try get a bit more speed.
upon installation everything seemed to be okay, however it will not boot unless I boot to the USB and then select the SSD from the list. Once I have done this everything works fine!

If I try to boot from just the SSD it gets stuck after

End random speed
+++++++++++++++++++++++

As I am fairly new to this and I am not really sure where to go from here or what I could try?

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Ethan :)

Hi - quick update

When loading clover theme manager it says the boot device is not detected. Could this be part of the issue?

Update: Actually it's showing the last boot which I had to perform from my USB so that would make sense!

Ethan

Hello again,

Over the past few days iv'e been having issues with the wifi card. It keeps dropping out and then when I reset it again it works. Then a few minutes later it drops out.

I re-installed mac os but no joy. This did however fix the issue of being booted without the usb.
Any ideas? I might just fork out and buy another better wifi card from ebay and see if that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back