Contribute
Register

[Solved] Help New User: Clover reboots before installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have tried using a different USB, changed the bios setting(bios verisioin is F23b),redownloaded the installer...
I have tried everything but still i am not able to go to installer and i cant figure out where is the problem.

Anyway thanks for your help.
If you know something please tell me.
I have tried everything
If you have already tried "everything" I won't have anything left to add!
but still i am not able to go to installer and i cant figure out where is the problem.
I guess the term "installer" in your post is to indicate your inability to reach the installation screen rather than the USB installer not showing up in the BIOS Features> Boot Option Priorities , F-12 Device Selection Screen or CBM screen after that.
If you know something please tell me.
  • I know your listed hardware can be used to install and run macOS High Sierra
  • I know people who share the steps they have performed (which are displayed on their monitor screen for them to view) with screen shots uploaded to the Forum often succeed by getting the right help because we too can see what is happening at various stage involved in the installation and where the break down occurs.
  • I know the folks who post "I have tried everything" are more often frustrated with the troubleshoot and expect quick fixes they cannot find in the answers they get from the Forum.

• Please Re-edit Personal Details to include your MoBo make and Model without which we cannot answer your question.
  • Upload CLOVER from the USB installer as a compressed file.
  • If you need the steps to upload CLOVER, see the post #4
Hey i found the problem,
The next which you gave didn't contain inject usb and fix appleusbpci in config.plist can you give me an updated kext.

Hey i found the problem,
The next which you gave didn't contain inject usb and fix appleusbpci in config.plist can you give me an updated kext.
Hey i found the problem,
Very good
The next which you gave didn't contain inject usb and fix appleusbpci in config.plist

• I could not quite understand what you are referring to. If you are referring to the CLOVER folder I had edited and uploaded as CLOVER4aakrit.zip for you, I have edited config.plist_Devices to enable USB to work . [See the image of relevant menu opened in CCV.]
can you give me an updated kext.

What kext you want as updated?

Attachments

• config.plist_Devices_aakrit.png
    config.plist_Devices_aakrit.png
    131.3 KB · Views: 134
Very good
  • I could not quite understand what you are referring to. If you are referring to the CLOVER folder I had edited and uploaded as CLOVER4aakrit.zip for you, I have edited config.plist_Devices to enable USB to work . [See the image of relevant menu opened in CCV.]

What kext you want as updated?
Can you please check this video and tell me what is causing kernel panic?
Thanks for your help.
Boot Video: https://photos.app.goo.gl/u6RXkjyw1G9hD5Qw1

Can you please check this video and tell me what is causing kernel panic?
Thanks for your help.
Boot Video: https://photos.app.goo.gl/u6RXkjyw1G9hD5Qw1
  • To get help, please answer the questions posed to clarify statements you have made in your posts.
  • Upload verbose boot screen still Image(s) to this Forum: No need for video.
  • This Forum provides everything needed to help folks asking for help.:)

• To get help, please answer the questions posed to clarify statements you have made in your posts.
  • Upload verbose boot screen still Image(s) to this Forum: No need for video.
  • This Forum provides everything needed to help folks asking for help.:)
OK, I'll remember it for next time.
I have added still images please check.Screenshot_1.png Screenshot_2.png

OK, I'll remember it for next time.
I have added still images please check.View attachment 306382 View attachment 306383
  • I consider the above post more as a Verbose Boot Screen Quiz rather than a post with images to explain the observed problem more clearly to get fast help.
  • The images are not numbered or shown any date or time to find the sequence.
  • Image which I have edited as #1 shows normal verbose boot screen. Whatever device the image represents appears to be booting normally at the instant the screen shot is made.
  • Image #2 is a boot crash screen.
    • This often seen during reboot during a straight upgrade or a fresh installation when the wrong icon is clicked from Clover Boot Manager (CBM) screen to complete the second or 3rd stage of installation.
  • The best way to prevent this in case of a Clean HighSierraUSB-installer-used installation in my personal experience, is to press F-12 in the case of Gigabyte (or appropriate hotkey for different Motherboards) during reboot and select the USB installer to enter CBM screen and then switch to the partly installed Hard disk icon to proceed with the next stage of installation until the CBM screen shows the System Disk and Recovery Disk icons only. At this stage there won't be any confusion. This problem is more likely to occur in APFS formatting with too many icons in CBM screen and the wrong icon is clicked.

Attachments

• 1.Normal Verbose boot screen.png
    1.Normal Verbose boot screen.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 113
  • 2. Possibly booted wrong device icon .png
    2. Possibly booted wrong device icon .png
    585.3 KB · Views: 108
  • I consider the above post more as a Verbose Boot Screen Quiz rather than a post with images to explain the observed problem more clearly to get fast help.
  • The images are not numbered or shown any date or time to find the sequence.
  • Image which I have edited as #1 shows normal verbose boot screen. Whatever device the image represents appears to be booting normally at the instant the screen shot is made.
  • Image #2 is a boot crash screen.
    • This often seen during reboot during a straight upgrade or a fresh installation when the wrong icon is clicked from Clover Boot Manager (CBM) screen to complete the second or 3rd stage of installation.
  • The best way to prevent this in case of a Clean HighSierraUSB-installer-used installation in my personal experience, is to press F-12 in the case of Gigabyte (or appropriate hotkey for different Motherboards) during reboot and select the USB installer to enter CBM screen and then switch to the partly installed Hard disk icon to proceed with the next stage of installation until the CBM screen shows the System Disk and Recovery Disk icons only. At this stage there won't be any confusion. This problem is more likely to occur in APFS formatting with too many icons in CBM screen and the wrong icon is clicked.
i didnt understand the problem. i ahve attatched the photo of the screen which i see,
in clover boot options i select "Externel" and then this error occurs.

Attachments

• 20180117_065443.jpg
    20180117_065443.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 126
  • 20180117_065427.jpg
    20180117_065427.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 125
i didnt understand the problem. i ahve attatched the photo of the screen which i see,

i ahve attatched the photo of the screen which i see,

• Your posted images are edited and uploaded.
    • Image #1 is the F-12 Boot menu screen that shows the UEFI USB SanDisk containing at least UEFI Clover.
    • Image # 2 is CBM screen showing the USB Flash disk and Windows HD in Legacy mode with Multiple partitions.
  • I am pretty certain you have altered the CLOVER folder I had edited and uploaded to replace the CLOVER that was giving the earlier Boot error from USB boot failure.
  • You have not shared that re-edited CLOVER to check.
  • I don't know what you are referring to when you stated
    i select "Externel" and then this error occurs.
  • If you are referring to the previously posted KP screen, then my conclusion is that the UEFI USB Flash disk contains NO High Sierra Installer file or has corrupted HS file.
  • If you are referring to the Present CBM screen following the choice of UEFI SanDisk to enter CBM screen that is an expected occurrence.
    • For newbies to hackintoshing, it is not a good idea to keep Windows disk connected to the Motherboard while installing Hackintosh.
    • I suggest disconnecting Windows disk until High Sierra is Installed.
    • It is not a good idea to mix Legacy booting Windows and UEFI booting Hackintosh in dual boot system, as problems are more prone to occur and troubleshoot more difficult.
    • In your post up to this point you have not mentioned anything about the hard disk targeted for HS installation ( whether SpinDisk /SSD on SATA/ SSD on PCIE)
    • Based on the SanDisk UEFI , we can guess you were planning to install HS in UEFI mode.
  • In summary my suggestions are:
    • Disconnect Windows Disk while trying to install HS.
    • Create a New High Sierra Installer if the above disk when booted ended with the KP and you have used the CLOVER folder in that disk as I edited and provided without any MAJOR changes except for themes.

Attachments

• 2.CBM screen showing Windows in Legacy Mode and UEFI USB installer FD.png
    2.CBM screen showing Windows in Legacy Mode and UEFI USB installer FD.png
    215.7 KB · Views: 100
  • 1.F-12 Screen with UEFI USB Installer.png
    1.F-12 Screen with UEFI USB Installer.png
    319 KB · Views: 95
  • Your posted images are edited and uploaded.
    • Image #1 is the F-12 Boot menu screen that shows the UEFI USB SanDisk containing at least UEFI Clover.
    • Image # 2 is CBM screen showing the USB Flash disk and Windows HD in Legacy mode with Multiple partitions.
  • I am pretty certain you have altered the CLOVER folder I had edited and uploaded to replace the CLOVER that was giving the earlier Boot error from USB boot failure.
  • You have not shared that re-edited CLOVER to check.
  • I don't know what you are referring to when you stated
  • If you are referring to the previously posted KP screen, then my conclusion is that the UEFI USB Flash disk contains NO High Sierra Installer file or has corrupted HS file.
  • If you are referring to the Present CBM screen following the choice of UEFI SanDisk to enter CBM screen that is an expected occurrence.
    • For newbies to hackintoshing, it is not a good idea to keep Windows disk connected to the Motherboard while installing Hackintosh.
    • I suggest disconnecting Windows disk until High Sierra is Installed.
    • It is not a good idea to mix Legacy booting Windows and UEFI booting Hackintosh in dual boot system, as problems are more prone to occur and troubleshoot more difficult.
    • In your post up to this point you have not mentioned anything about the hard disk targeted for HS installation ( whether SpinDisk /SSD on SATA/ SSD on PCIE)
    • Based on the SanDisk UEFI , we can guess you were planning to install HS in UEFI mode.
  • In summary my suggestions are:
    • Disconnect Windows Disk while trying to install HS.
    • Create a New High Sierra Installer if the above disk when booted ended with the KP and you have used the CLOVER folder in that disk as I edited and provided without any MAJOR changes except for themes.
Thanks for replying.
I have attached clover setting.
I have tried making a new installer and even after disconnecting windows hdd it shows this error and "external" means boot from usb in clover boot menu. Please check my clover settings and if there is a problem tell me.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 71
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back