Contribute
Register

[Solved] Help needed with post-installation (GA-B150-HD3P)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-B150-HD3P
CPU
Intel Core i5-6500
Graphics
Sapphire RX 480 8G
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello all, first time that I try to make my computer a Hackintosh.

I am running in some trouble with the configuration of my system. The specs of my current setup are listed below.
  • Motherboard
    • Gigabyte GA-B150-HD3P
  • Processor
    • Intel Core i5-6500
  • Memory
    • Crucial DDR4-2133 - 8GB * 2 (16GB in total)
  • Videocard
    • Sapphire RX 480 8G
  • Harddisk
    • Samsung 850 EVO and 1TB WD Elements
I own a Macbook Pro 13" early-2015, this is where I got the Sierra 10.12.5 file from. I followed the Sierra Installation Guide and I couldn't start up the installation process. It hanged on the Legacy USB detection (or something). I solved this by enabling the USB Injection and USB Ownership (I have to do this every time I boot up the system). When I was done installing Sierra I ran the MultiBeast application and selected the Bootloader and Audio (Realtek ALC892), because my Ethernet was already working. It ran with success. I also tried to enable the RX 480 through some guides, but this didn't work. When I rebooted, I noticed I had no more internet, so I ran the Kext Utility app and tried rebooting again. It won't boot.

I probably goofed something up so I wanted to try and reinstall it again, but with some help from you guys. I read a lot of guides for Skylake fixes, but it only made things worse.

What am I doing wrong here and could somebody explain/walk me through this process?

Thanks a lot, you guys rock!

Last edited:
Hello all, first time that I try to make my computer a Hackintosh.

I am running in some trouble with the configuration of my system. The specs of my current setup are listed below.
  • Motherboard
    • Gigabyte GA-B150-HD3P
  • Processor
    • Intel Core i5-6500
  • Memory
    • Crucial DDR4-2133 - 8GB * 2 (16GB in total)
  • Videocard
    • Sapphire RX 480 8G
  • Harddisk
    • Samsung 850 EVO and 1TB WD Elements
I own a Macbook Pro 13" early-2015, this is where I got the Sierra 10.12.5 file from. I followed the Sierra Installation Guide and I couldn't start up the installation process. It hanged on the Legacy USB detection (or something). I solved this by enabling the USB Injection and USB Ownership (I have to do this every time I boot up the system). When I was done installing Sierra I ran the MultiBeast application and selected the Bootloader and Audio (Realtek ALC892), because my Ethernet was already working. It ran with success. I also tried to enable the RX 480 through some guides, but this didn't work. When I rebooted, I noticed I had no more internet, so I ran the Kext Utility app and tried rebooting again. It won't boot.

I probably goofed something up so I wanted to try and reinstall it again, but with some help from you guys. I read a lot of guides for Skylake fixes, but it only made things worse.

What am I doing wrong here and could somebody explain/walk me through this process?

Thanks a lot, you guys rock!
I own a Macbook Pro 13" early-2015, this is where I got the Sierra 10.12.5 file from. I followed the Sierra Installation Guide and I couldn't start up the installation process. It hanged on the Legacy USB detection (or something). I solved this by enabling the USB Injection and USB Ownership (I have to do this every time I boot up the system). When I was done installing Sierra I ran the MultiBeast application and selected the Bootloader and Audio (Realtek ALC892), because my Ethernet was already working. It ran with success.

• Try to reboot the computer using your "Sierra USB Installer disk" to Clover Boot Manager screen.
  • In Clover Boot Manger screen, navigate to "Options>Boot Args:- " and make sure you have all the boot flags that had helped you to reach the installation screen to Partition , Format and Install Sierra on the Hard disk the first time.
  • If there is no "-v" among the boot flags , type in and add "-v "to the list of boot flags to ensure you get verbose boot screens until installation and updates are completed and everything is working OK.
  • Return to Boot Menu and select your "macOS Siera System disk" to boot from Clover Boot Screen.
  • If you encounter any boot problem, take a photo and upload with your post.
  • Once you can reach Sierra desktop, we will reassess the next steps.

First of all, thanks for taking the time to help me. I succeeded in booting in to Sierra successfully, everything is working OK (even if I don't run Multibeast, everything is good. Except graphics and audio). When I try to install the ACL892 and the 100 series via Multibeast and reboot, audio is not working.

Also, I have to press F12 everytime to start up the Installer USB Disk and enable the USB injection and USB ownership to be able to boot the correct partition. Otherwise it will boot to Windows. Is there a way to automate this?

The next thing I am trying to figure out is to enable my RX480. I tried two guides, but everytime I just get black screens and nothing happens.

Thanks again!

I got it working. For the audio I used the AppleALC. And with the RX 480 I forgot to set the graphics device to IGPU. But now if I want to boot to Windows, I have to switch the monitor cable to the on board card to select an other boot device.

Is there any way to fix this? Or should I open a different topic?

First of all, thanks for taking the time to help me. I succeeded in booting in to Sierra successfully, everything is working OK (even if I don't run Multibeast, everything is good. Except graphics and audio). When I try to install the ACL892 and the 100 series via Multibeast and reboot, audio is not working.

Also, I have to press F12 everytime to start up the Installer USB Disk and enable the USB injection and USB ownership to be able to boot the correct partition. Otherwise it will boot to Windows. Is there a way to automate this?

The next thing I am trying to figure out is to enable my RX480. I tried two guides, but everytime I just get black screens and nothing happens.

Thanks again!
Please post Screen Capture images of :
  1. Apple>About This Mac> Overview
  2. Apple>About This Mac>System Report...> Hardware
    • Audio> Right pane details
    • Ethernet Cards > Right Pane details
    • Graphics/Displays>Right Pane details
Please find the uploaded images as examples.

Attachments

• 1..png
    1..png
    97.7 KB · Views: 186
  • 2.png
    2.png
    94.7 KB · Views: 236
  • 3..png
    3..png
    72.2 KB · Views: 212
Thanks for the images showing your Audio, Ethernet and Graphics have the kexts installed OK.
I got it working. For the audio I used the AppleALC. And with the RX 480 I forgot to set the graphics device to IGPU.
So Audio, Graphics & Displays and Ethernet all working OK in Sierra System. Right?
But now if I want to boot to Windows, I have to switch the monitor cable to the on board card to select an other boot device.
Is there any way to fix this? Or should I open a different topic?
I could not quite understand what you are trying to convey.

Where is your Windows installed? Is it in the same HDD as the Sierra but from a different Partition?
Is it from a second Disk?
What Version of Windows and Boot mode is Windows installed (legacy or UEFI)?

And with the RX 480 I forgot to set the graphics device to IGPU.

I got confused with the above reference to your Integrated Graphics Device. Please clarify what you want me to know.

Thanks again for taking the time to help me.

I have Windows 10 installed (UEFI) and on a different Hard Disk. And I set the graphics device in my BIOS to IGPU, otherwise it doesn't boot in to Sierra.

The way it works now is, I turn on my computer and I see nothing until it I see the login screen of Sierra. If I want to boot into Windows I have to physicly switch my HDMI cable from my RX480 to the onboard HDMI to see the BIOS screen and change the boot sequence to boot into Windows.

My question was: Can I change the way to boot into Windows, without physically changing the cables?

I hope you understand.

Thanks.

Thanks again for taking the time to help me.

I have Windows 10 installed (UEFI) and on a different Hard Disk. And I set the graphics device in my BIOS to IGPU, otherwise it doesn't boot in to Sierra.

The way it works now is, I turn on my computer and I see nothing until it I see the login screen of Sierra. If I want to boot into Windows I have to physicly switch my HDMI cable from my RX480 to the onboard HDMI to see the BIOS screen and change the boot sequence to boot into Windows.

My question was: Can I change the way to boot into Windows, without physically changing the cables?

I hope you understand.

Thanks.

Understood very well. Thank you :)
  • The problem seems to be a lack of PCIE Graphics Card AMD Radeon Rx 480 driver in Windows 10 installed in UEFI mode.
  • There may be other issues in \CLOVER\config.plist
  • First is to check Windows 10 Device Manager >Display adapter
    • Boot to Windows like you are doing now.
    • Open Device Manager (you already know steps , so I am omitting details )
    • Upload the image of "Display Adapters">

Hello, the RX480 is working correctly in Windows.

But I can't see the boot screen when I boot up. So I can't select a boot device without switching cables first. I believe this has something to do with the IGPU setting in BIOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back