Contribute
Register

[Solved] help needed with HS install/upgrade on 16,2 with M.2 SSD

Status
Not open for further replies.
indeed macOS Install is gone from Clover Boot Menu...
... but that was not my problem - should I retry with my Installer that is still lying in my Apps folder?
Ok .
  • Now you may re-download macOS High Sierra.
  • If you really want to try 10.13.2 you have in your Applications folder , I suggest checking its File integrity before using to upgrade.
  • During install, what I found useful was to press F-12 during the reboot and select your 10.12.6 UEFI from F-12 screen
    • because it has the CLOVER with required boot files.
  • Once in CBM screen, you can then switch to macOS High Sierra Installer stub to boot to complete the installation.

Ok .
  • If you really want to try 10.13.2 you have in your Applications folder , I suggest checking its File integrity before using to upgrade.
  • During install, what I found useful was to press F-12 during the reboot and select your 10.12.6 UEFI from F-12 screen
  • Once in CBM screen, you can then switch to macOS High Sierra Installer stub to boot to complete the installation.

I am re-downloading - shamus -a was expecting an algorithm number that I do not have. Should only be half an hour.
I mentioned in another thread that I also tried 10.13.1 with the same result, so it might not have been file integrity.

What do you mean with F-12 boot screen - the BIOS boot screen? Or is that a Clover key?
You can see my Clover screen up there - and I guess I was booting from my installation with the /Install Data files, right?
Are you suggesting anything different?

Thanks again,
Rudolf

Ok .

Edited to add one more thing:

I strongly suggest Disconnecting Windows disk from the MoBo for most but since you are not a novice and with your advanced Unix background, I did not suggest that.

In every post I make in this Forum, I try to write it as if the person is quite new and may not know all the steps and that way those who are new to hackintosh and reluctant to post but want to find answers can also benefit from the discussions.

Ok .
I strongly suggest Disconnecting Windows disk from the MoBo for most but since you are not a novice and with your advanced Unix background, I did not suggest that.

In every post I make in this Forum, I try to write it as if the person is quite new and may not know all the steps and that way those who are new to hackintosh and reluctant to post but want to find answers can also benefit from the discussions.

Appreciate your help! It is always difficult to estimate how much someone knows.
The Windows partition on my boot M.2 SSD is hard to disconnect ;o)

10 Minutes to go - and we'll see.
Thanks,
Rudolf

I am re-downloading - shamus -a was expecting an algorithm number that I do not have. Should only be half an hour.
I mentioned in another thread that I also tried 10.13.1 with the same result, so it might not have been file integrity.

What do you mean with F-12 boot screen - the BIOS boot screen? Or is that a Clover key?
You can see my Clover screen up there - and I guess I was booting from my installation with the /Install Data files, right?

Thanks again,
Rudolf
I am sorry , I forgot you had AsRock MoBO and Not Gigabyte.
F-12 is the hotkey to Boot Menu screen in Gigabyte. This is the screen you can choose the boot device to enter Clover Boot Manager screen you had posted with Windows icon, High Sierra Installer Stub , macOS Sierra System disk icon and macOS Sierra Recovery Disk icon. I don't know AsRock's Hotkey for the equivalent "Device Selection screen".

I am sorry , I forgot you had AsRock MoBO and Not Gigabyte.
F-12 is the hotkey to Boot Menu screen in Gigabyte. This is the screen you can choose the boot device to enter Clover Boot Manager screen you had posted with Windows icon, High Sierra Installer Stub , macOS Sierra System disk icon and macOS Sierra Recovery Disk icon. I don't know AsRock's Hotkey for the equivalent "Device Selection screen".

No problem - the delete key works.
It is booting from UEFI/Clover anyways - that's the way I have it set up.
So I will end up doing pretty much what I have done before - I have however never deleted the /Install Data - so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

After downloading another 5 GB+, rechecking all new kexts and aps.efi - No change, unfortunately.

• What version of CLOVER is in your macOS Sierra 10.12.6?
  • What files are there in your CLOVER /kexts/Other? Do you still have empty Numbered folders in CLOVER/kexts?
  • Can you upload the config.plist from the 10.12.6 Sierra Disk?

• What version of CLOVER is in your macOS Sierra 10.12.6?
  • What files are there in your CLOVER /kexts/Other? Do you still have empty Numbered folders in CLOVER/kexts?
  • Can you upload the config.plist from the 10.12.6 Sierra Disk?
I updated Clover in December, should be 4359
The kexts in Other are FakeSMC and AppleIntelE1000e (tried without the latter as well).
config.plist attached

Attachments

• config.plist
    7.1 KB · Views: 212
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back