Contribute
Register

[solved] Help needed with BCM20702A0 after wake

Status
Not open for further replies.
My bad... Try this file again please. Thanks!

I don't understand why there are two separate ioreg files. There should be only one. Refer to post #17.

I don't understand why there are two separate ioreg files. There should be only one. Refer to post #17.
Um.. Let me explain. I first used a USB 2.0 device to plug in and out three USB ports one by one. The result was saved as "usb2.ioreg". You can find records under HS01 to HS03. After this, I didn't close ioreg app and continued to use a USB 3.0 stick to repeat the previous step. The result was saved as "usb3.ioreg". Thus both HS01 to 03 (previous device) and SS01 to 03 (current device) have records. Anything wrong with these steps?

Um.. Let me explain. I first used a USB 2.0 device to plug in and out three USB ports one by one. The result was saved as "usb2.ioreg". You can find records under HS01 to HS03. After this, I didn't close ioreg app and continued to use a USB 3.0 stick to repeat the previous step. The result was saved as "usb3.ioreg". Thus both HS01 to 03 (previous device) and SS01 to 03 (current device) have records. Anything wrong with these steps?

Based on that, no reason to provide usb2-test.ioreg. I will ignore it.

According to usb3-test.ioreg, your ports are as follows:
HS01/HS02/HS03: USB2 associated with SS01/SS02/SS03 (UsbConnector=3)
HS04 not used, should be eliminated
HS05 is webcam, should be marked internal (UsbConnector=255)
HS06 is not used, should be eliminated
HS07 is bluetooth, should be marked internal (UsbConnector=255)
HS08 is not used, should be eliminated
SS01/SS02/SS03: USB3 ports (UsbConnector=3)
SS04/SS05/SS06 are not used, should be eliminated

Based on that, no reason to provide usb2-test.ioreg. I will ignore it.

According to usb3-test.ioreg, your ports are as follows:
HS01/HS02/HS03: USB2 associated with SS01/SS02/SS03 (UsbConnector=3)
HS04 not used, should be eliminated
HS05 is webcam, should be marked internal (UsbConnector=255)
HS06 is not used, should be eliminated
HS07 is bluetooth, should be marked internal (UsbConnector=255)
HS08 is not used, should be eliminated
SS01/SS02/SS03: USB3 ports (UsbConnector=3)
SS04/SS05/SS06 are not used, should be eliminated
Many thanks for the reply! However, after editing the SSDT, the bluetooth still fails after sleeping, with 0705 version of BrcmPatchRAM2. Ioreg, related log and SSDT file are attached as follows. Really appreciated if you could have a look again.

Edit: by the way, all tests start from cold boot, then sleep and wake up.

Last edited:
Edit: duplicated post, sorry...

Last edited:
Many thanks for the reply! However, after editing the SSDT, the bluetooth still fails after sleeping, with 0705 version of BrcmPatchRAM2. Ioreg, related log and SSDT file are attached as follows. Really appreciated if you could have a look again.

Edit: by the way, all tests start from cold boot, then sleep and wake up.

All kexts should be installed to the system volume. Your kextcache output shows some kexts must be injected... injection is only for the installer and recovery partition.

Same issue here with BCM94352Z (Dell DW1560). After waking up, there are two BCM20702A0 entries shown in ioreg(XHC)/system info(USB). My situation is similar to OP -- working sleep (_OSI patched), native power management (ssdtPRGen) and correct configuration of USB ports (USBInjectAll w/ SSDT).

I've tested all recent releases of BrcmPatchRAM (2015-1101 to 2016-0705). But none of them avoids the duplicated entry issue. I also compiled a debug version of master branch on github but couldn't find any useful hints from debugging log. One interesting thing is that even using a USB dongle (IOGear BT 4.0 with same chip BCM20702A0), the entry will be duplicated after waking up. And if I remove the dongle, one entry disappears but the other one still exists, which is quite weird.

Some users also have the same issue:
[1] http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/bluetooth-bcm20702a0-problem-usb.185785/
[2] http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/bcm20702a3-v14-c5747-bluetooth-is-broken-after-waking-up.197355/

Post [1] solves this "duplicated entry" issue by "disabling XWAK in DSDT". But my DSDT does not contain "XWAK" at all. [1] also mentions using FakePCIID_XHCIMux. But my laptop is skylake 100-series w/ i7-6500U which does not have USB 2.0 controller. Post [2] does not completely solve the issue, which reappears randomly.

My current workaround is to use the non open-sourced injector "BTFirmwareUploader.kext" (v3.0.5, latest v3.1 not stable) which does not have such "duplicated entry" issue. Sorry that I couldn't provide all required logs/files for reporting at the moment. I'll later start a new post and provide all detailed information. Thanks!

Edit: Upload all required logs/ioreg dumps and EFI/CLOVER files. Applied DSDT patches can be found at [3]. Specs of my laptop is in the signature.

[3] https://bitbucket.org/linusyang/hp-envy13-dsdt/commits/branch/master

@RehabMan, could you please have a look? Thanks a lot for your time!
Did you solve the duplicate entry issue at last?? If yes, may you tell me how? Thanks a lot!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back