Contribute
Register

[solved] Help me fix weird glitch after hibernate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus X550LDV
CPU
i7 > Need full CPU model number > See Forum Rules!
Graphics
HD 4400
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys! Finally I have deep sleep working with Clover and El Capitan, but only with hibernate mode 29.. No matter what slide values I use, I get a weird graphical artefact after wake from hibernation... Screen flickers much more than normal, at a weird refresh rate, and the brightness controls take no effect.. I am guessing this is a problem with ACPIBacklight kext..
Any way to debug the issue, any way I could fix this?

Help me fix weird glitch after hibernate

So setting a custom power management profile has helped in a way that i have hibernate mode 3 when on Ac power, so i get a very fast wake with the expense of power, because its not deep sleep. And when im on battery i get hibernate mode 29 and so i can deep sleep. The problem still persists with deep sleep, not with normal sleep. The only workaround i have found is switching resolution after deep sleep and that seems to trigger ACPI backlight kext and so the screen flickering is gone.. Aany way to fix this?

I would try a different version of OsxAptioFixDrv, if that's possible on your laptop. There's some relation there to hibernation support.

Is there a BIOS option to enable CSM? Or UEFI+Legacy mode. I've seen this have an effect on similar issues.

Hi guys! Finally I have deep sleep working with Clover and El Capitan, but only with hibernate mode 29.. No matter what slide values I use, I get a weird graphical artefact after wake from hibernation... Screen flickers much more than normal, at a weird refresh rate, and the brightness controls take no effect.. I am guessing this is a problem with ACPIBacklight kext..
Any way to debug the issue, any way I could fix this?

Use IntelBacklight.kext instead of ACPIBacklight.kext (use "Brightness Fix" patch).

In your PNLF set Options to 2 by way of RMCF as described in the IntelBacklight README.

Typical PNLF would look like:
Code:
    Device(PNLF)
    {
        Name(_ADR, Zero)
        Name(_HID, EisaId ("APP0002"))
        Name(_CID, "backlight")
        Name(_UID, 10)
        Name(_STA, 0x0B)
        Name(RMCF, Package()
        {
            "PWMMax", 0, // use BIOS PWM max
            "Options", 2,  // kWriteLEVWOnSet
        })
    }

If it works out ok, I think I'll change the Options default in the next IntelBacklight.kext build.

I would try a different version of OsxAptioFixDrv, if that's possible on your laptop. There's some relation there to hibernation support.

Is there a BIOS option to enable CSM? Or UEFI+Legacy mode. I've seen this have an effect on similar issues.
I will test and report, otherwise i will go for rehabman's idea!
Thanks

I will test and report, otherwise i will go for rehabman's idea!
Thanks

Note: The fix I mention for IntelBacklight.kext/Options has already been tested... It was requested by someone else implementing hibernation and I added it but only as an option as I didn't know if it would affect other scenarios badly.

well i've tried with csm video efi driver and csm mode on and it works! No more visual artefacts...
Although, rehab mans suggestion seems very appealing, so I could boot with UEFI only mode...
One question though , wasn't IntelBacklight kext used only for older Intel Graphics?
I am using a Haswell HD4400....
I thought my only chance to get brightness working was brightness fix(has well) and ACPI backlight..
Am I wrong?

well i've tried with csm video efi driver and csm mode on and it works! No more visual artefacts...

Probably it causes some additional initialization to be done at boot...

Although, rehab mans suggestion seems very appealing, so I could boot with UEFI only mode...

Give it a try...

One question though , wasn't IntelBacklight kext used only for older Intel Graphics?

No. IntelBacklight.kext is the preferred method for backlight control over ACPIBacklight.kext.

I am using a Haswell HD4400....
I thought my only chance to get brightness working was brightness fix(has well) and ACPI backlight..
Am I wrong?

You are wrong.

See guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...ching-dsdt-ssdt-laptop-backlight-control.html

Thanks RehabMan! It works without a flaw now!
After all this time wondering and it was a mistake from me for misreading!
Your suggestion is much better than using CSM mode..
Now I really don't have any weird feeling of flickering, like I had with ACPI Backlight
You can mark this as solved! Thanks a bunch

Thanks RehabMan! It works without a flaw now!
After all this time wondering and it was a mistake from me for misreading!
Your suggestion is much better than using CSM mode..
Now I really don't have any weird feeling of flickering, like I had with ACPI Backlight
You can mark this as solved! Thanks a bunch

Cool... can you provide your EFI/Clover as ZIP (please strip 'themes') and ioreg.

I just want to confirm the configuration.

I think I'll try to test it on my u430 and will likely change the default for the next build of IntelBacklight.kext (such that the RMCF override is not needed).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back