Contribute
Register

[Solved] Help installing OS X El Capitan Public Beta directly from Yosemite with Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Aorus Z370 Gaming 7
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
GTX 970
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

I've enrolled in the OS X 10.11 public beta and downloaded El Capitan through the app store.
I've read (briefly) that it is possible to install it directly from Yosemite, without the need to create a USB Installer, with lover. However, if I try to simply use the installer, nothing will happen after the reboot.
I've added rootless=0 as a boot arg, and tried it a few times, with no success.

BTW, my clover revision is 3176. I haven't updated it recently since it's working 100%.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Help installing OS X El Capitan Public Beta directly from Yosemite with Clover

Hi,

I've enrolled in the OS X 10.11 public beta and downloaded El Capitan through the app store.
I've read (briefly) that it is possible to install it directly from Yosemite, without the need to create a USB Installer, with lover. However, if I try to simply use the installer, nothing will happen after the reboot.
I've added rootless=0 as a boot arg, and tried it a few times, with no success.

BTW, my clover revision is 3176. I haven't updated it recently since it's working 100%.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks.
Everything seems to work, except the audio and privilege for SLE folder. In addition, if I added the clover boot argument of rootless=0, I got kernel panic.

If it’s the case, it will be as easy as:

Install El Capitan from App Store
Reboot to Recovery partition in Clover
Go through installation instructions
Boot like normal

Wanted to say I got it solved – had to boot the "Install OS X" partition in Clover.
Also, I had a Kernel Panic with the CPUSensors kext. I had to block it to be able to boot.
El Capitan is now installed and apparently works perfectly!

Wanted to say I got it solved – had to boot the "Install OS X" partition in Clover. Also, I had a Kernel Panic with the CPUSensors kext. I had to block it to be able to boot. El Capitan is now installed and apparently works perfectly!
Never put questionable kexts into EFI/CLOVER directory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back