Quadro 4000 for Mac
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello,

I've been building Hackintoshs for last couple of years (since mountain lion) and haven't run into a whole lot of trouble. I was able to get El Capitan running on a work Hackintosh. However, doing a fresh install of El Capitan on a home machine has been rough for some reason, maybe because I'm just not used to Clover yet.

Here's my build:

Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H Motherboard
Intel Core i7-3770K
EVGA GeForce GTX 970 ACX 2.0
Corsair Vengeance 16 GB

After making a UniBeast 6 USB install, I've been able to make it to the El Capitan USB install using -v nv_disable=1 and successfully install El Capitan to my system drive. Once it installs and reboots, clover loads from the USB, when I use the same -v nv_disable=1 i get the following almost immediately:

IMG_0888.jpg

I've taken out the 970 and activating IGFX I got the same panic screen.

I've tried a bunch of different bootflags just for kicks with no luck.

When I added -x I'd get an: OsxAptioFixDrv: Starting overrides for System\Library]CoreServices\boot.efi
Using relic block: yes, hibernate wake: no error allocation pages

I read that switching from OsxAptioFix2Drv to OsxAptioFixDrv could fix the problem. It didn't.

I haven't been able to go through El Capitan welcome setup so I can go through the post-install and nvidia drivers install process.

Any guidance would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Help! GA-Z77X-UD5H + i7-3770K + EVGA GeForce GTX 970 ACX 2.0

I've see then panic after ACPI: sleep states S3 S4 S5 a few times lately, but I can't remember whether there's a solution. I've added it to the Kernel Panic entry on the big list of solutions, so we can track it. Sorry I can't be of more help than that.

If it is a CPU/ACPI problem, you can try booting with cpus=1 and/or NullCPUPowerManagement.kext to see if that will get you any farther, but it's a bit of a long shot.

Thanks for the response!

I've tried cpus=1, but I'll give NullCPUPowerManagement.kext a go.

Thanks again.

Thanks for the response!

I've tried cpus=1, but I'll give NullCPUPowerManagement.kext a go.

Thanks again.

I have same board, same CPU and have had El Capitan working since early betas. Im pretty sure you need NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, without it, no boot.

Clover is much more complicated than chameleon was...

Installing the NullCPUPowerManagement.kext worked. Everything is up and running now!

Thanks everyone! :)

I have the same motherboard, but I haven't been able to get audio to work (Realtek ALC898 codec). Did you get audio working? If so, how?

Hey there, I am running into the exact same issue on my El Capitan install with same motherboard. I'm new to Clover Configurator and am not sure how to "install" the NullCPUPowerManagement.kext. Other than placing the kext into the EFI 10.11 folder on the install USB, I'm not sure what to do next. Using Clover Configurator and going to the Kernel and Kext Patches section, I see that I can add kext to patch or to force load, but I don't know what to place in the "find" and "replace" fields. Can anyone help??? Am I even going about that correctly?

Hey there, I am running into the exact same issue on my El Capitan install with same motherboard. I'm new to Clover Configurator and am not sure how to "install" the NullCPUPowerManagement.kext. Other than placing the kext into the EFI 10.11 folder on the install USB, I'm not sure what to do next. Using Clover Configurator and going to the Kernel and Kext Patches section, I see that I can add kext to patch or to force load, but I don't know what to place in the "find" and "replace" fields. Can anyone help??? Am I even going about that correctly?

To install a kext, you have a whole bunch of options. In this case, the easiest is probably to put the kext into EFI/CLOVER/kexts/.... If you have numbered directories under there, you should copy it to BOTH the 10.10/ and 10.11/ directories. If you don't have numbered directories, you should copy it to Other/

Nothing is needed in Clover Configurator or config.plist to use a kext, except on the System Parameters screen you should make sure Inject Kexts is set to Detect or Yes (and it normally is).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back