Inspiron 7460
CPU
CPU Core i5 7200U
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 620 + GeForce Nvidia 940MX
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi there.
I just upgrade from Sierra to High Sierra, and I'm facing an issue that's driving me crazy.
So, I have the ALC256 combo jack, and I'm using Lilu + AppleAlc + CodecCommander + layout-id=13 + SSDT256.aml.
Everytime I connect the headphone plug, the whole system restarts. When does not, I hear a weird click noise on the headphone.
Sound is coming just fine in speakers.
The same problem happens if I use cloverHDA from previous installation (Sierra).
Also, I tried to use ALCPlugFix again, to make headphone works, but when I connect the headphone in the terminal screen, the system restarts.

My files are attached.
Thanks.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 55
  • RehabMan.zip
    58.3 KB · Views: 51
  • Andeilson’s MacBook Pro.zip
    515.7 KB · Views: 68
  • first.zip
    155.1 KB · Views: 62
  • second.zip
    168.5 KB · Views: 53
Hi there.
I just upgrade from Sierra to High Sierra, and I'm facing an issue that's driving me crazy.
So, I have the ALC256 combo jack, and I'm using Lilu + AppleAlc + CodecCommander + layout-id=13 + SSDT256.aml.
Everytime I connect the headphone plug, the whole system restarts. When does not, I hear a weird click noise on the headphone.
Sound is coming just fine in speakers.
The same problem happens if I use cloverHDA from previous installation (Sierra).
Also, I tried to use ALCPlugFix again, to make headphone works, but when I connect the headphone in the terminal screen, the system restarts.

My files are attached.
Thanks.

Why do you have patched SSDTs in ACPI/patched, when it looks like you're trying to do hotpatch?

Why do you have patched SSDTs in ACPI/patched, when it looks like you're trying to do hotpatch?

SSDT's 0 to 18 is to disable NVIDIA. Don't know if there is a method to discrete Nvidia using hot patches.. That's the only reason they keep there..

SSDT's 0 to 18 is to disable NVIDIA. Don't know if there is a method to discrete Nvidia using hot patches.. That's the only reason they keep there..

It is one of the examples in the hotpatch guide.

It is one of the examples in the hotpatch guide.

Problem solved, Rehab!

1. I did a fresh install.
2. Took me some search, and your help too, but I got it working.

Lilu + Lilufriend + cloverHDA + CodecCommander goes into L/E.
SSDT-ALC256.aml + SSDT-HDEF.aml (in my case I have a special HDEF just to inject layout-id=13) goes into CLOVER/ACPI/patched.
Made sure to inject patches into Clover / Kernel and Kext Patches.

Thanks again, dude! You rock!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back