CPU
i7-7700
Graphics
GeForce GTX 1060
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Does anyone else currently run a headless Hackintosh as their HTPC? I finished my build last night and my plan is to install the PC into my AV rack and wire it to my receiver via HDMI. So I hooked this up last night and my tv displayed the message that the resolution is not supported.

I know my TV has a very limited resolution via HDMI, 720i/p to 1080i/p vertical. The PC is not detecting this, probably because it is a TV and not a monitor, or because it goes through my reciever. I know I can connect a monitor to perform the installs and setup and change the resolution to something acceptable to the TV. My problem is how do I change or force a fixed resolution for the BIOS/startup screens prior to the OS loading.

At the moment, I have nothing installed on the PC. Hardware involved:
Mother Board: Gigabyte GA-H270M-DS3H
Graphics Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX1060 D5
Receiver: Yamaha RX-667
TV: Samsung 55" HDTV - not smart and I'm still looking for the manual/model number

The AV cabinet is located 30 feet from the TV and the TV is mounted above my fireplace, so connecting my computer to the TV directly is not an option. So far I have done onboard graphics card to receiver and the dedicated graphics card to the receiver. I have not yet tried direct to the TV as a test...but again, that is not an acceptable long term fix.

I plan to experiment more tonight but was hoping someone has crossed this and could offer some suggestions.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back