Contribute
Register

[Solved] HDMI Audio on Dell Inspiron 7577 (intel 630 igpu)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, now that makes sense! :)
With that sorted out I have now the following two problems:

1) HDMI Audio still not working
2) My microphone is not being recognised, instead I only get a "line in" channel in my input devices. It used to work before I started this thread. The problem is that in the meantime we have changed so many parameters that it is nearly impossible for me to revert everything back (not to mention that it would not be desirable given the many improvements you suggested).

I really need your help and I am again very thankful for the time you are devoting to this!

You might try different (supported by AppleALC for your codec ) layout-id values.

Setting layout-id to 56 causes instant reboot when plugging in an HDMI device (and the internal microphone is not recognised at all)
Layout-id = 11 restores the microphone, but I can no longer hot-plug HDMI devices (it won't recognise anything connected to the HDMI port).
Layout-id = 13 allows HDMI hotplug, but as soon as I connect my headphones, the "internal microphone" channel changes to line in and even after removing the headphones there is no way to regain access to the internal microphone.

In every case no HDMI audio.

Dear RehabMan,

from your Laptop READFIRST guide i understand that missing hotplug capability is to be expected when HDMI audio does not work. I would therefore stick with layout-id 11.

In a different thread (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/hdmi-audio-not-working.244703/) I read the following post:

Ok, I found the solution and maybe can help someone else. I solved the problem with FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext injecting RM,device-id <719D0000>. As I understood with Intel HDMI Audio - 100-series 0xa171 like mine, the HDMI drivers are just charged if the main monitor in framebuffer@0 is set like external not the case when you use ig-platform-id 0x591b0000. So if you have laptop with ig-platform-id 0x591b0000 and HDMI audio 0xa171, probably you need to use 0x9d71 to get HDMI audio working.

Now, since I did not have luck with FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext, is there a way to inject RM,device-id <719D0000> statically? How would I do that?

Dear RehabMan,

from your Laptop READFIRST guide i understand that missing hotplug capability is to be expected when HDMI audio does not work. I would therefore stick with layout-id 11.

In a different thread (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/hdmi-audio-not-working.244703/) I read the following post:

Now, since I did not have luck with FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext, is there a way to inject RM,device-id <719D0000> statically? How would I do that?

RM,device-id can be injected with the appropriate entry in config.plist/Devices/Properties.
Refer to HDMI audio guide for clues on injection with Devices/Properties:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ndy-bridge-kaby-lake-and-likely-later.189495/

Dear RehabMan,

I am really sorry if anything I am going to say will be completely obvious and/or stupid.

From your guide I understand the following:

IGPU is at PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x02,0)
HDEF is at PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x1b,0) on up to and including Broadwell
HDEF is at PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x1f,3) on Skylake and later
HDAU, specific to Haswell/Broadwell is at PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x03,0)

I thought that injecting RM,device-id would be as easy as creating a new field under PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x1f,3) and define it as:
"RM,device-id | Data | 00009D71"
However my ioreg still shows no change, device-id: 0000a171

(I also did that under PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x02,0) but with no change...)

The only "achievement" is that the HDMI TV is now not recognised at all.
What am I doing wrong?

Again, really sorry to bother you, I am trying my best.

Attachments

• debug_11403.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 78
Dear RehabMan,

I am really sorry if anything I am going to say will be completely obvious and/or stupid.

From your guide I understand the following:

I thought that injecting RM,device-id would be as easy as creating a new field under PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x1f,3) and define it as:
"RM,device-id | Data | 00009D71"
However my ioreg still shows no change, device-id: 0000a171

(I also did that under PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x02,0) but with no change...)

The only "achievement" is that the HDMI TV is now not recognised at all.
What am I doing wrong?

Again, really sorry to bother you, I am trying my best.

Your revision of Clover is too old to support Devices/Properties correctly.
See guide for current Clover builds:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Keep in mind that once you get Devices/Properties working (with new Clover), your settings at config.plist/Devices/Audio will be ignored. Must inject everything with Devices/Properties once you start using it.

And why did you (attempt) inject RM,device-id on PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x02,0)? That is for IGPU, and the RM,device-id you have there is for HDEF, so what you did there is complete nonsense.

And of course RM,device-id has no effect without FakePCIID.kext+FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext, which your kextcache proves you failed to install.

Thank you,

I updated Clover and Device/Properties seems to work (I remembered to inject layout 11 there)

And why did you (attempt) inject RM,device-id on PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x02,0)? That is for IGPU, and the RM,device-id you have there is for HDEF, so what you did there is complete nonsense.
True!

I installed both FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext

I created the entry RM,device-id and injected 00009D71.
However, no HDMI device shows up in my audio settings and I cannot playback anything (while internal sound is displayed, no file will play back, nor will any online content, which proves that sound is still not working).

At this point I am running out of ideas.

Attachments

• debug_8867.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 80
Thank you,

I updated Clover and Device/Properties seems to work (I remembered to inject layout 11 there)

True!

I installed both FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext

I created the entry RM,device-id and injected 00009D71.
However, no HDMI device shows up in my audio settings and I cannot playback anything (while internal sound is displayed, no file will play back, nor will any online content, which proves that sound is still not working).

At this point I am running out of ideas.

The value you have for RM,device-id is wrong.
If you want value 0x9d71, must use <719d0000>
(standard Intel byte reversing)

RehabMan,

YOU MADE IT!
Again!

I can't believe it! I don't know how to thank you. In these days I have learnt so much from you! I really wish there was a way for me to show you my gratitude for your patience, devotion and expertise (unfortunately I cannot promise, not to ever bother you again).

If you want value 0x9d71, must use <719d0000>
(standard Intel byte reversing)

is that the same as "endianness"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back