Contribute
Register

[Solved] HDMI Audio on Dell Inspiron 7577 (intel 630 igpu)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see, that's interesting.
I am now back to square one, with working video-output but no audio over hdmi. In addition to that I get a very annoying static noise on the headphone jack while booting. It goes away when the boot process is over (and the dock appears), but it is really something that I'd rather get rid of. I have tried to redo every step in reverse but I always get the same result.

Attachments

• debug_1385.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 91
Edit.
The static noise returns if I use my laptop for more than 10 minutes.

I see, that's interesting.
I am now back to square one, with working video-output but no audio over hdmi. In addition to that I get a very annoying static noise on the headphone jack while booting. It goes away when the boot process is over (and the dock appears), but it is really something that I'd rather get rid of. I have tried to redo every step in reverse but I always get the same result.

Why are you using Shiki.kext and IntelGraphicsFixup.kext? Both of those kexts are deprecated, replaced with WhateverGreen.kext.

Why is AppleLPC.kext patched?

RehabMan, thank you very much again for your assistance!

I was using Shiki.kext and IntelGraphics.Fixup.kext because I found a guide on tonymacx86 that suggested using them when installing macOS on the exact same laptop model I have. The guide was removed and there is no way to access it now.
Now I really wish I had followed your set of guides instead... but that is another story.
I removed both kext and replaced them with WatheverGreen.kext.

I patched AppleLPC because I had some issues with wake causing kernel panics and eventually found someone recommending patching it to improve the situation. I followed post 10 of this thread (I know it was meant for desktops):
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/applelpc-kext-and-z77-dsh3.64088/

However, since it did nothing to solve the issue I reverted AppleLPC back to its unpatched version.

Right now the issue with the static noise at boot persists, sometimes it comes back sometimes it does not. Unfortunately I cannot figure out a pattern.

Attachments

• debug_27721.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 80
RehabMan, thank you very much again for your assistance!

I was using Shiki.kext and IntelGraphics.Fixup.kext because I found a guide on tonymacx86 that suggested using them when installing macOS on the exact same laptop model I have. The guide was removed and there is no way to access it now.
Now I really wish I had followed your set of guides instead... but that is another story.
I removed both kext and replaced them with WatheverGreen.kext.

I patched AppleLPC because I had some issues with wake causing kernel panics and eventually found someone recommending patching it to improve the situation. I followed post 10 of this thread (I know it was meant for desktops):
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/applelpc-kext-and-z77-dsh3.64088/

However, since it did nothing to solve the issue I reverted AppleLPC back to its unpatched version.

Right now the issue with the static noise at boot persists, sometimes it comes back sometimes it does not. Unfortunately I cannot figure out a pattern.

No need for AppleLPC patching with your hardware.. real Skylake (and later) Macs do not use it.

What is IOPowerDeploy.kext?
You should remove YamahaSteinbergUSBAudio.kext... it is invalid anyway (as per kextcache output).

There are special ALC256 SSDTs in CodecCommander github. You should check into it.

Last edited:
Dear RehabMan,

following your instructions I deleted the faulty YamahaSteinbergUSBAudio.kext.
I have played around with the SSDT you mentioned and observed the following:

if I remove AppleALC and use this SSDT:
https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x...ak.dsl?at=master&fileviewer=file-view-default

nothing changes: no internal device is recognised (status of the attached debug.zip)

No need for AppleALC patching with your hardware.. real Skylake (and later) Macs do not use it.

I am Using MacbookAir 6,2 as SMBIOS, so maybe this could be the cause for the native HDA solution not working?

However, if I use the above SSDT in addition to AppleALC the static noise is gone and both, speakers and headphones work (I still get a loud "pop" sound the first time anything plays through the headphone jack, but I guess I could live with that). No HDMI audio output whatsoever though.

IOPowerDeploy.kext is a kext that I got from the following repository:
https://github.com/syscl/IOPowerManagement

It fixed the aforementioned (post 14) problem with my laptop panicking when I tried to wake it with the power cord plugged in.

Attachments

• debug_16271.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 76
Dear RehabMan,

following your instructions I deleted the faulty YamahaSteinbergUSBAudio.kext.
I have played around with the SSDT you mentioned and observed the following:

if I remove AppleALC and use this SSDT:
https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x...ak.dsl?at=master&fileviewer=file-view-default

nothing changes: no internal device is recognised (status of the attached debug.zip)

I am Using MacbookAir 6,2 as SMBIOS, so maybe this could be the cause for the native HDA solution not working?

However, if I use the above SSDT in addition to AppleALC the static noise is gone and both, speakers and headphones work (I still get a loud "pop" sound the first time anything plays through the headphone jack, but I guess I could live with that). No HDMI audio output whatsoever though.

IOPowerDeploy.kext is a kext that I got from the following repository:
https://github.com/syscl/IOPowerManagement

It fixed the aforementioned (post 14) problem with my laptop panicking when I tried to wake it with the power cord plugged in.

You will need AppleALC to implement audio.
Read laptop FAQ.

Dear RehabMan,

I am slightly confused.
In post 15 you wrote:

No need for AppleLPC patching with your hardware.. real Skylake (and later) Macs do not use it.

in post 17 you are suggesting that I will indeed need id. I must be missing something...

Now, I am fine with using AppleALC, however I would like to know if there is any way to implement HDMI audio with AppleALC installed.

Dear RehabMan,

I am slightly confused.
In post 15 you wrote:

in post 17 you are suggesting that I will indeed need id. I must be missing something...

Now, I am fine with using AppleALC, however I would like to know if there is any way to implement HDMI audio with AppleALC installed.

AppleALC != AppleLPC.

(note typo earlier)

Oh, now that makes sense! :)
With that sorted out I have now the following two problems:

1) HDMI Audio still not working
2) My microphone is not being recognised, instead I only get a "line in" channel in my input devices. It used to work before I started this thread. The problem is that in the meantime we have changed so many parameters that it is nearly impossible for me to revert everything back (not to mention that it would not be desirable given the many improvements you suggested).

I really need your help and I am again very thankful for the time you are devoting to this!

Attachments

• debug_26995.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 71
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back