CPU
Graphics
hd6870
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
If you have had the same issue as me, with the installation as soon as you click USB at chameleon boot screen, the apple logo appears and it goes through to a white screen and a working, usable mouse pointer and that is it.

My system is a Z77-Ds3H 3770K CPU. Not sure if it affects any others. and my graphics card is the triple fan gigabyte HD6870 card recommended in the customac builds.

1). I found i had to go into bios, make the HD4000 internal graphics GPU the primary one on start up, then, followed the installation procedure as per unibeast.
2). When ML boots up for the first time, i plugged in a cable to my HD6870, it showed under SYS profiler as a HD6***
3). So i ran multibest
4). restarted
5). went into bios and changed the graphics boot priority to auto, or PCI both works ok.
6). rebooted and dual or triple display is working fine, all fully accelerated and shown correctly in SYSPRO.
it may help others i don’t know, but I still can’t work out why it was this hard in the first place.
Icloud works / app store works / sleep & wake works, even with wireless mouse (cheapo usb dongle off ebay)

You have to install Chimera from the downloads section and choose your PCI-E as the primary adapter in Bios. Don't forget to boot with "GraphicsEnabler=Yes".

Additionally:

a) Open a console in terminal and type ioreg | grep ATY and sudo dmesg and post the results, please?

b) What bootflags in org.chameleon.boot.plist are you currently using?

Just wanted to confirm that this solution worked for me. Booting on an ASUS P8Z77-V LX motherboard. Thanks!

If you have had the same issue as me, with the installation as soon as you click USB at chameleon boot screen, the apple logo appears and it goes through to a white screen and a working, usable mouse pointer and that is it.

My system is a Z77-Ds3H 3770K CPU. Not sure if it affects any others. and my graphics card is the triple fan gigabyte HD6870 card recommended in the customac builds.

1). I found i had to go into bios, make the HD4000 internal graphics GPU the primary one on start up, then, followed the installation procedure as per unibeast.
2). When ML boots up for the first time, i plugged in a cable to my HD6870, it showed under SYS profiler as a HD6***
3). So i ran multibest
4). restarted
5). went into bios and changed the graphics boot priority to auto, or PCI both works ok.
6). rebooted and dual or triple display is working fine, all fully accelerated and shown correctly in SYSPRO.
it may help others i don’t know, but I still can’t work out why it was this hard in the first place.
Icloud works / app store works / sleep & wake works, even with wireless mouse (cheapo usb dongle off ebay)

Been searching all over Bios for this option and don't see anything GPU related except "Init Display First" which lets u choose pcie x16, x18, x4.

what is the sub category of setting primary GPU for startup?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back