Contribute
Register

[solved] [HD5500] Broadwell display issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have followed the same step as you did in the previous reply, but I'm still facing the glitching problem like your original image.
Could you tell me what is your additional action other than those five steps?
BTW, you've mentioned you turn CMS on, but my bios do not have this option, have you followed other guides or something?

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Search for your ig-platform-id data in the framebuffer kext binary in a hex editor.
The data is not available in ioreg.
You will need both the 10.12.3 and 10.12.6 kext binary (AppleIntelBDWGraphicsFramebuffer.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleIntelGraphicsFramebuffer).
Sir,
How are you? I am Shahidul. I am a Bangladeshi. I try a lot to learn something new. From that effort, I install MAC OS Sierra 10.12 on my laptop. But the problem is graphics not working.
I'm gonna look at many tutorials but it looks like Graphics Fake. When open google chrome display Tremble.

PC Configuration

Processors: Intel Core i5 5200U (Broadwell-U)
Chipset: Intel Broadwell-U rev. 09
Display Adapters: Intel(R) HD Graphics 5500
Mainboard Model: 80BB
RAM: 4GB (DDR3L)
HDD: 1TB
SSD: 120GB
Hardware monitor: Intel I/O
DMI: Insyde (v: F.02)
Graphics APIs: Intel I/O
Display Resolution: 1366*768
DVM: 128MB
Sir, the graphics will work on this laptop? Which MAC OS would be better for me?
Screen Shot 2018-10-19 at 3.44.02 AM.jpg

Sir,
How are you? I am Shahidul. I am a Bangladeshi. I try a lot to learn something new. From that effort, I install MAC OS Sierra 10.12 on my laptop. But the problem is graphics not working.
I'm gonna look at many tutorials but it looks like Graphics Fake. When open google chrome display Tremble.

PC Configuration

Sir, the graphics will work on this laptop? Which MAC OS would be better for me?View attachment 358826

Your image shows nothing wrong.
What is your issue?
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Sir,

PC Configuration

Sir, the graphics will work on this laptop? Which MAC OS would be better for me?View attachment 358826
Your picture shows no transparent effects. No QE/CI or reduced transparency? Impossible to know without problem reporting files.

Hello there again!

I am trying to run Sierra 10.12.5 on my Lenovo e550 Broadwell notebook with i5-5200U CPU. I have a problem with Intel HD 5500 Graphic. I managed to get away the kernel panic with some kexts:
  1. AppleIntelBDWGraphics.kext
  2. AppleIntelBDWGraphicsFramebuffer.kext
  3. AppleIntelBDWGraphicsGLDriver.bundle
  4. AppleIntelBDWGraphicsMTLDriver.bundle
  5. AppleIntelBDWGraphicsVADriver.bundle
  6. AppleIntelBDWGraphicsVAME.bundle
and with plist config:
  1. ig-platform: 0x16260006
  2. Inject Intel: true
  3. enable DVMT path (Name : AppleIntelBDWGraphicsFramebuffer Find : 8945C839C7764F Replace : 8945C839C7EB4F)
Ok, my laptop is booting to Sierra but the screen is crashed like on attached picture. Strange, because when I will sleep the laptop and turn in on again, the screen is good but is still lagged. About this Mac is showing Intel HD Graphics 5500 1536 MB but there is no hardware acceleration... Could someone help me to fix this issue?
Hi!
Is there any repository or installer to get those kexts?
Couldn't find them with Google.

Tanks!

Hi!
Is there any repository or installer to get those kexts?
Couldn't find them with Google.

Tanks!
aren't they part of macOS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back