Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS B250M-K
CPU
i5-7600K
Graphics
HD 630
Hello,

I've successfully installed Sierra 10.12 (16A323) on my desktop (with hardware parts showed in my profile). I cannot have full HD 630 acceleration work. When the loading progress is at around 70% (in Apple logo screen), the screen goes black with "no signal" warning from the monitor. It seems that the OS still runs normally, it simply gives no signal to DVI port. I tried to switch to VGA port but it doesn't work (ASUS B250M-K has no HDMI port). I've also tried to boot with flags -x (safe mode) but it doesn't work either. When I booted with parameter -v, I got this error right before the screen went off:

Code:
[IGPU] ****************************************************************************
[IGPU] Failed to initialize graphics firmware. Falling back to host-side scheduling
[IGPU] Scheduler interface revision = 1: Default EL Scheduler
[IGPU] ****************************************************************************
[IGPU] Graphics accelerator is using scheduler interface revision 1: Default EL Scheduler
[IGPU] Scheduler: Multiple channel indexes per command streamer
[IGPU] Scheduler: Process CSB using HWS.
[IGPU] Scheduler: PM notify enabled
[IGPU] Graphics Address: PPGTT, Separate Address Space
[IGPU] MultiForceWake Enabled: Using 3D Driver
[IGPU] Scheduler Throttle Cap = 100ms

It's definitely not the issue here (link) as I haven't updated my Sierra to 10.12.5 yet. And according to this thread (link), other people also have this log but can still have display and acceleration working normally.

Please note that I have installed FakePCIID.kext FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext using KextBeast following guide in other threads. The IntelGFX FakeID is also configured a long with Skylake glitch fix in config.plist (please check the attached file).

I suspect the problem can be related to display port (link) that needs a frame buffer patch but I'm not quite sure as the guy here (link) could have full HD 630 acceleration on his Sierra using similar mother board (ASUS B250M) without applying such patch.

Please take a look at my attached files and give me a hint. (Please note that I have to disable IntelGFX injection in order to generate the ioreg file).

Update:
As I use DVI-D for the connector, I've tried to these patches:
Code:
<dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>#5 DP to DVI</string>
                <key>Disabled</key>
                <false/>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                AQUJAAAEAACHAQAA
                </data>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                AQUJAAACAACHAQAA
                </data>
            </dict>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>#6 DP to DVI</string>
                <key>Disabled</key>
                <false/>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                AgQKAAAEAACHAQAA
                </data>
                <key>Name</key>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                AgQKAAACAACHAQAA
                </data>
            </dict>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>#7 DP to DVI</string>
                <key>Disabled</key>
                <false/>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                AwYKAAAEAACHAQAA
                </data>
                <key>Name</key>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                AwYKAAACAACHAQAA
                </data>
            </dict>
But the same thing still happens. Please let me know if these patches are correct. If they are, the problem lies in something else :(

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3 MB · Views: 95
  • ioreg.zip
    370.2 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
you need to add the IntelGarphicsFixup.kext and Lilu.kext to the clover's kext folder.

I've just tried it but the same thing still happens.

I also tried with this patch (link) as I use iMac 17,1 in SMBIOS but the issue is still there.

Please check my new CLOVER.zip and give me another suggestion :(

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 92
Same problem here, using Intel Core i7-7700 with an ASRock z270m Pro4 motherboard. I've tried the suggested fixes above but no luck so far.

So I tried putting all those kexts files (FakePCIID.kext, FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext, FakeSMC.kext, IntelGarphicsFixup.kext and Lilu.kext) in /EFI/Clover/kexts/Other and it doesn't work.

I also tried to move them to /L/E but it doesn't work either.

I'm stuck at this now? Could some one help?

Ok I got it work now, after putting all those kexts (mentioned in my previous post) into /Library/Extensions and using this command:

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Before trying this command I used Kext Utility to build cache but seems it didn't really do it, only the above command does.

I have a similar problem with i5-7600 and ASUS PRIME H270M-PLUS. I've tried with the HD630 on Multibeast post-installation and the screen goes black during the boot.

The solution found in this post would be to put "all those kexts files (FakePCIID.kext, FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext, FakeSMC.kext, IntelGarphicsFixup.kext and Lilu.kext)" into /Library/Extensions and use the command "sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /"... but I have not much experience with those sort of things and don't know how to do that. Any help?

I have found lots of guides put all kext at EFI and upload the EFI directory as attachment. It is strange that have to put them in /S/L/E.

And did you try remove AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer patch to prove the patch is necessary or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back