Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H170-Gaming 3
CPU
Intel Core i5-6500
Graphics
EVGA GTX 980 SC
Hi,

I have a 3TB WD Elements Hard Drive, and when it's connected to the USB 3.0 port on my Gigabyte H170 motherboard it does not show up in High Sierra but it does show up when connected to USB 2.0 ports. It shows up in Windows no matter what port it is plugged in to. I installed the 3rd party USB kext earlier while trying to fix it but have since uninstalled it and I've installed the increase max ports kext. Thanks in advance.

Edit: I fixed my issue but not sure exactly how, I made multiple changes. First, I installed USBInjectAll.kext along with FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext and FakePCIID.kext without any success then copied the patches from https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-USB-Inject-All/blob/master/config_patches.plist without uninstalling the previous kexts and now my external hard drive is working

Last edited:
Hi,

I have a 3TB WD Elements Hard Drive, and when it's connected to the USB 3.0 port on my Gigabyte H170 motherboard it does not show up in High Sierra but it does show up when connected to USB 2.0 ports. It shows up in Windows no matter what port it is plugged in to. I installed the 3rd party USB kext earlier while trying to fix it but have since uninstalled it and I've installed the increase max ports kext. Thanks in advance.

Edit: I fixed my issue but not sure exactly how, I made multiple changes. First, I installed USBInjectAll.kext along with FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext and FakePCIID.kext without any success then copied the patches from https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-USB-Inject-All/blob/master/config_patches.plist without uninstalling the previous kexts and now my external hard drive is working
Sorry my inexperience, I would like to know where and how I install the patches. Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back