Contribute
Register

[Solved] Hard drive not found, possible Clover issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lenovo W530
CPU
I7-2720QM
Graphics
Quadro 2000M
Update - Resolved

System specs:
Dell OptiPlex 990 sff - Bios A20 (Reset to default, SATA set to AHCI)
i7 2600
4x 4GB DDR3 ECC
250GB OCZ Trion 150
GTX1050ti
3x Dell U2415, Logitec G510s, G700s, not that it matters.

Having issues with the drive being found. Currently 10.11, but it doesn't seem to matter, as I get the behavior all the way back to 10.7. I've done a bit of swapping with AHCI kexts, and not there are no changes.

Interesting enough though, I can boot from a Clover CD (4200) and diskutil will see the DVD drive, but still not the SSD. I've tried multiple drives, with no change.

I'm at a loss...

Last edited:
System specs:
Dell OptiPlex 990 sff - Bios A20 (Reset to default, SATA set to AHCI)
i7 2600
4x 4GB DDR3 ECC
250GB OCZ Trion 150
GTX1050ti
3x Dell U2415, Logitec G510s, G700s, not that it matters.

Having issues with the drive being found. Currently 10.11, but it doesn't seem to matter, as I get the behavior all the way back to 10.7. I've done a bit of swapping with AHCI kexts, and not there are no changes.

Interesting enough though, I can boot from a Clover CD (4200) and diskutil will see the DVD drive, but still not the SSD. I've tried multiple drives, with no change.

I'm at a loss...

Do you see the SSD in the BIOS?

I have seen on rare occasions that a new SSD will not be seen in some machines. Usually putting the SSD in a USB adapter and using OS X (masOS) Disk Utility to partition and format the SSD makes the SSD useable (the SSD will then be seen by the BIOS and OS X when attached as an internal drive).

Good modding,
neil

So, interesting update. Checked to see if Dell had a newer BIOS version available, and it turns out they did. Updated from A19 to A20, and one of the SSD's (OCZ Trion 150) was found.

Running 10.12.6, and will run MultiBeast now, but I'm not sure what to do about the 1050ti. Updated kext's don't seem to do much good, and the nVidia web driver appears to hang the system.

So, everything's working now. The 1050ti apparently doesn't like the monitors daisy chained, so it looks like I'm going to loose DP 1.2.

MultiBeast changes are:
Quick Start > Legacy Boot Mode
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.25-333-g05e0f4be.1759
Drivers > Network > Intel > AppleIntelE1000e v3.3.3
Bootloaders > Clover v2.4k r4173 Legacy Boot Mode
Customize > System Definitions > iMac > iMac 14,2
Drivers > Graphics > NVIDIA Web Drivers Boot Flag

Still very odd that other SSD's (Intel 60GB SATA 3GB for example) while found in the BIOS aren't found.

Have you ever try the installation without external graphics card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back