Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Hackintosh Hangs & Reboots Everytime (Help!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Board is probably defective.
Went to Gigabyte for RMA, and the motherboard booted fine with their processor. So it turns out that the processor is damaged. :( Anything I can do about that?

Went to Gigabyte for RMA, and the motherboard booted fine with their processor. So it turns out that the processor is damaged. :( Anything I can do about that?
RMA the processor.

RMA the processor.
I bought it off Ebay, but I do believe I have the invoice. Thanks. I will check if I can find it though or I am pretty much dumped with it.

Ive never known a CPU to get damaged unless its been overclocked or overheated of course. If you've bought it second hand can't expect much.

Ive never known a CPU to get damaged unless its been overclocked or overheated of course. If you've bought it second hand can't expect much.
There were symptoms of Overheating and I had cautioned the OP to get good Cooling a while ago. But I think it must have been a little too late before he could get new Cooling Fans etc. As you said CPUs are the least often damaged part in a Computer but it does occur from Overheat and Power Surges.In the years past , it was like broken or bent CPU pins from the use of undue force during installation that used to cause problem from lack of proper electrical contacts. Newer processors have different types of contacts to the socket which are less likely to be bent or broken.

I am pretty sure it happened due to overheat. :/

If you've applied the Thermal Paste and installed the CPU Fan you shouldn't have issues with Overheating.
I guess. Had to learn the hard way I guess.

BTW, since I am going to buy a new processor in the same range, I am thinking of getting the i3-6100. Any views? Also, my MoBo will need replacement since it has the 1150 socket and only supports 4th and 5th gen processors. For that, I have Gigabyte H110M-DS2 in mind. Do you think it's a good idea?

Since the H110M-DS2 also supports 7th gen processors, I have i3-7100 as an option too. So kindly recommend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back