Contribute
Register

(Solved)Hackintosh freezes while playing videos on safari/App store

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Thanks a lot for all of your work and commitment to allow us get Hackintoshes ready!

I have just installed Mojave on the machine detailed at the profile, it boots up and completed install without any issues. when running Multibeast, selected the least options, using Whaevergreen to install and it allowed my second monitor to be recognized out of the second DP port in the computer (both built-in DP ports). Have no sound, which I don't care for at the moment, I have an USB headset working fine and I am ok with that.
When playing videos on Safari or appstore (so far) machine freezes completely and Chrome does not freeze however the rendering inside the window is very buggy and has all sorts of artifacts, so much so it is impossible to read.

I did read all posts above and have more questions, that I would very much appreciate answers for;

Did mount the EFI partition.
1. Will the Whatevergreen.kext file (which looks like a small text file) be enough if I place it in the folders mentioned there?
2. Is it the EFI/Other folder the right one? I read that the files needed to be placed elsewhere, so I am not sure either.
3. I tried looking at Lilu's posts and understand how does that go about but when I am led into GitHub I don't know what to pick to download.

regards,

i just put whatevergreen and lilu in efi/other and at L/E and it seems that the problem have been fixed.

I did some research this evening on a system that was experiencing this problem.

I had been hoping that switching from the Intel graphics to an Nvidia card would solve it, but no go. But it turns out that putting WhateverGreen and Lilu in efi/clover/kexts/other solves the problem for me. Putting them in library/extensions didn't help.

Here are links for downloading the two kexts:

https://github.com/acidanthera/WhateverGreen/releases
https://github.com/acidanthera/Lilu/releases

And here's a link that would freeze my hackintosh (GA-Z97-HD3, High Sierra 10.13.6) every time before I installed the kexts:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-amazon-com-headquarters-idUSKCN1Q40A0

Strangely, it's only this particular MB that has the problem. All my other systems are fine.

Last edited:
I tried looking at Lilu's posts and understand how does that go about but when I am led into GitHub I don't know what to pick to download.

This can be confusing. You need to click on "releases" to get the zip file that contains the kext. Or, just follow my links above. Then, download x.x.x.release.zip.

This can be confusing. You need to click on "releases" to get the zip file that contains the kext. Or, just follow my links above. Then, download x.x.x.release.zip.

View attachment 387528
Thank you much for all of your help, I have abandoned that hack and upgraded to a machine that I literally saved from the recycle bin, it is now fully functional and I even have Metal 1 enabled graphics, even turned my dell 5567 into a hack as well, and that one also runs smooth, only have left activating the HDMI video port (it now reboots whenever I plug a monitor in) and get me an USB wifi card and that would be it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back