Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Hackintosh CPU Overheating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hackintosh CPU Overheating

I reseted the CMOS but same problem.

For the MoBo, I don't think there is a problem with it, when the CPU was overheating I didn't noticed any problem in the computer, it was working nicely.

No lightning where I am since the computer is here.

Power surge I don't know but I don't think so.

In that case , I will first try a different PSU. If it is physically possible/convenient,
all I will do is remove all power cables from the present PSU while it still inside its enclosure and place a known good PSU of similar rating outside and connect its cables to the board and devices inside and try booting to see if it let you enter the BIOS. If does I just shut down and connect the old one and try . If it fails, you got your diagnosis. This assumes your CPU cooler install including fresh coat of Thermal paste/pad on the CPU had gone flawlessly.

Hackintosh CPU Overheating

Finally it was the PSU!

I switched to port 2 and now everything is back to normal.

CPU is at 45° C plus computer is totally silent now!

Thank you a lot guys!

Hey, I was downloading the OS X YOSEMITE on my hackintosh and half way throught the installation my laptop overheated and closed and I'm having a media failure error but i don't mind of that i just want to get throught the installation whenever i install it overheats can anybody help me with that???

I was also experiencing overheating, and changing the cables at the PSU also did the trick!

Thanks a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back