Pallit GTX 970 Jetstream
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey there,

I recently set up my Hackintosh. Everything is working fine (El Capitan and Windows 10 are located on the same SSD) on its own and I can successfully boot Windows as well as OS X from Clover (OS X is set as default boot device with a 3 second timer).

Unfortunately though I have to start Clover during the boot phase by manually selecting it. If I don't do that the Windows Bootmanager is automatically selected, probably since I installed Windows 10 after OS X.

I don't see any option to correct this in the BIOS since I can't discriminate between the UEFI Windows Boomanager and the UEFI OS Clover entry. Is there any way to give the priority to Clover or disable the Windows Bootmanager without destroying the possibility to start Windows 10 from Clover?

Thanks in advance

Hackintosh boots Windows Bootmanger instead of Clover

Boot to OS X and mount the EFI partition of your OS X / Windows UEFI drive (you did install Windows UEFI, yes?). Navigate to EFI/Microsoft/Boot/ and rename bootmgfw.efi to bootmgfw-orig.efi. Save, reboot.

Yes, I did install Windows UEFI. I did try something similar und just deleted the whole Windows Folder, but then Windows didn't work at all (neither from its boot manager nor started by Clover).

The same happens if I rename the file you suggested. Windows boot loader is disabled but it will not start when I select it in Clover.

Thanks for the reply :)

Problem solved. I finally found a somewhat hidden option to discriminate between different UEFI boot options on one UEFI Hard Disk.

Problem solved. I finally found a somewhat hidden option to discriminate between different UEFI boot options on one UEFI Hard Disk.
If you do not mind, post your solution or post a link to this solution for helping others in your situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back