Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] H77M chipset - keeps restarting after macOS install screen reboot / one problem after another.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus prime B365MK
CPU
i3 9100
Graphics
RX580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
I've been having all sorts of problems, having fixed one yet introduces another upon each and every fresh install attempt (hard drives not recognised, then stuck on partition map, then missing firmware partition, then circle / slash error, then macOS install failed, then error when updating firmware…).

Unfortunately fixing the latest / last issue (“cannot update firmware error”) now puts me back to another problem - persistent rebooting. That is, persistent rebooting after MacOS high sierra's USB installer progress (which is the first automatic reboot instance). Pictured below is exactly at the point which it is just before self-rebooting persists.

Not sure if it also helps but this is a moment capture last frame of verbose mode before it resets itself.

But it gets even stranger. Using my 3.5" traditional drive (Western Digital) instead of my SSHD (Seagate moments XT, although it's failing) now spews out the last problem I had - "An error occurred while updating firmware". I have never changed nor messed around with the Imac14,2 whatever details included under clover configurator.

As you can see, I've been having problems one after another.

Can anyone help? Losing hair at this point.

Attached is my config plist.

Mainboard: Asrock H77M
GPU: Geforce 1060
8GB RAM
HDD: I've used 2.5s, 3.5s, hybrid SSDs and traditionals. Only APFS seems to allow the installer to continue.

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.8 KB · Views: 112
Just out of curiosity tried using the (failing) moments XT hard drive, reformatted in APFS ENCRYPTED with password. Now I am greeted with an enter password screen. My mouse seems to work, but the keyboard doesn't seem to work.

Heads up, I’ve tried the following procedures:

1. reformat USB installer at the DEVICE level, NOT JUST Volume level.
2. DISCONNECT ALL PHYSICAL cablings from all windows drives.

…..And alleluia. Managed to get all the way into High Sierra finally, as APFS format on the 3.5” western digital drive. Now the next problem is that it still cannot be made bootable without the USB boot disk. Even after Multibeast installation (no errors). Even after copying pasting EXACT SAME EFI folder from the USB installer into the installed drive, and following the instructions from this thread. I am still troubleshooting these at this very moment.

Meanwhile, I strongly urge anyone with existing windows installations residing in their machines to consider disconnecting all (physical) SATA / Disk cablings temporarily. And then ensure that the Unibeast USB installer is reformatted at the DEVICE LEVEL within disk utility.

….So what I’ve learned thus far and to serve as reminders:
  1. For HM77 motherboard users you must use ICH patch by Vit9696. To do this, open your EFI’s config.plistclover configurator and make a new entry (+) or name enter “AppleAHCIPort”. Under “Find” enter “40600200”. Under “Replace” enter “00000000” (eight zero’s).
  2. NVIDIA cards? Do not use Inject NVIDIA. Apparently this is for old cards < GTX750 era.
  3. Reformat everything at DEVICE level. Not VOLUME level. Under disk util.
The mind continues to boggle...

Edited this thread to [SOLVED]. See my above post as to how I solved it. The next obstacle/s now is:
  1. The mac install (the target drive) still refuse to boot by itself without a boot disk. Tried Clover V2 installation package on it (the target drive), ensured Emu64variable and the UEFI boot options are checked, still cannot make it self bootable.
  2. My WIFI USB adaptor is still not working (0x3327 by Azurewave Technologies, Manufacturer: Atheros), tried various AR9271 kexts and could not be detected. I presume it to be AR9271 derivative based from this table.
  3. The Nvidia GTX 1060 unfortunately seems poorly performing under Cinebench R15 (only at mere 57 FPS). My mid 2012 anti glare MBPro is 49.51 FPS. Despite having prepared the Nvidiagraphicsfixup with the Lilu kexts loaded, alongside the correct drivers 387.10.10.10.40.105 for the correct version of High Sierra (10.13.6). Reason why for this remains disappointingly unknown.
Day 4 of exhaustive troubleshooting done and dusted. About 28 hours in total. Onto the next.

Motherboard: Asrock H77M.
CPU: Intel 3570K 3.4 GHZ.
GPU: Galax 1060.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back