Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] H170N IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,

i'm really struggling to get my hack back to work. For hardware, see my signature.

About 3 months ago I got a working hackintosh on Sierra by following ammulders guide on the el cap installation. besides some small fixes i can't remember, everything went somewhat well. recently i tried to update iTunes via the app store and as the installation seemed to hang during the reboot, i shut down my pc by holding the power button. turns out, that wasn't a good idea, because it won't boot anymore. always gets stuck on this gIOScreenLockState line (see pic below).

After trying some fixes that didn't work i wanted to reset the whole machine as i know i didn't see this error on the first installation 3 months ago.
i followed ammulders guide again, used a new usb stick, formatted my ssd, unplugged everything else and even cleared the NVRAM and the Bios CMOS. But even now, after formatting the ssd and everything i get stuck at this line every time and no boot args have shown any effect.

Can you please help me, from what i've tested, could it be a hardware error?

also note that Sierra is the only os available since i can't download el cap anymore.

Fix that worked for me: click here

Attachments

• IMG_1293.JPG
    IMG_1293.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 7,258
Last edited:
Hey guys,

i'm really struggling to get my hack back to work. For hardware, see my signature.

About 3 months ago I got a working hackintosh on Sierra by following ammulders guide on the el cap installation. besides some small fixes i can't remember, everything went somewhat well. recently i tried to update iTunes via the app store and as the installation seemed to hang during the reboot, i shut down my pc by holding the power button. turns out, that wasn't a good idea, because it won't boot anymore. always gets stuck on this gIOScreenLockState line (see pic below).

After trying some fixes that didn't work i wanted to reset the whole machine as i know i didn't see this error one the first installation 3 months ago.
i followed ammulders guide again, used a new usb stick, formatted my ssd, unplugged everything else and even cleared the NVRAM and the Bios CMOS. But even now, after formatting the ssd and everything i get stuck at this line every time and no boot args have shown any effect.

Can you please help me, from what i've tested, could it be a hardware error?

also note that Sierra is the only os available since i can't download el cap anymore (legally at least).

The mere mention of illegal downloads is enough to get your account banned here - Don't do it.

There is a suggestion that your problem may be caused by the version of Clover that is installed.
Try a different/latest one.

A user posted that he overcame the problem by setting all of the Fake IDs shown to zero :

Fake ID.png

YMMV

Last edited:
The mere mention of illegal downloads is enough to get your account banned here - Don't do it.

Sorry about that, I removed it.

For the rest i can say that the latest version of clover didn't change anything and the fake ids were already set to 0x000000 everywhere. I'm going to try an older version of clover tomorrow, which was current 3 months ago when everything worked.

one thing though, i found out that the itunes error message could have something to do with the igpu. according to this https://www.google.de/amp/s/pikeralpha.wordpress.com/2016/03/24/os-x-10-11-4-wants-imei-not-heci/amp/ i should change HEDI to IMEI in my SSDT and DSDT but in my config.plist i can't find anything like HEDI in these sections. Am i looking in the wrong place? Could the igpu cause the problems?

thanks for your answer so far. :)

one thing though, i found out that the itunes error message could have something to do with the igpu. according to this https://www.google.de/amp/s/pikeralpha.wordpress.com/2016/03/24/os-x-10-11-4-wants-imei-not-heci/amp/ i should change HEDI to IMEI in my SSDT and DSDT but in my config.plist i can't find anything like HEDI in these sections. Am i looking in the wrong place? Could the igpu cause the problems?
Rename HECI->IMEI in ACPI (via config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Patches).

acpi.png

Good news guys, I finally found the answer today and fixed everything.
It was indeed the iGPU that caused the problems.

With 10.12.5 Apple updated the graphics drivers and this affected my HD 530. See this for the fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back