Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] GTX Geforce 1050 not being detected

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gentlemen...or ladies...compatriots,

I have made some progress. One last thing appears to be in my way. @Shoikan, your suggestions worked for the most part. I no longer get the no entry sign (yay!). I was able to at least get the graphics card recognized in the system information, however the problem appears to be with the NVRAM (as you explained before). However, when I make the change through MultiBeast for UEFI+Emulated NVRAM, I am able to boot into the drive but the login screen (and everything else for that matter) come out super pixelated. Has anyone run into this same issue?

Glad to hear my tips helped :) I can't say I've seen what you're experiencing now before though. It sort of feels like broken hardware (the 1050 that is), wrong driver for the chip family, or something else entirely. What happens if at boot you now select the nv_disable option? Does it then go sluggish but without the corruption?

Glad to hear my tips helped :) I can't say I've seen what you're experiencing now before though. It sort of feels like broken hardware (the 1050 that is), wrong driver for the chip family, or something else entirely. What happens if at boot you now select the nv_disable option? Does it then go sluggish but without the corruption?

If I boot with nv_disabled=1 then I am able to boot without a problem...well..."problem." It is still sluggish, but I am still able to make changes wherever needed. I have gone through the steps in the forum for common graphics issues and nothing seems to have an effect.

I don't know if it is faulty hardware, though. I only say this because the card has no issue running on Windows (I have this machine dual booted). I am using the current web drivers for 10.12.4 from Nvidia. However, on their website it doesn't look like my card is supported (unless I'm reading it wrong or this is a moot point)- http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/117854/en-us

I got the drivers via this page: https://www.tonymacx86.com/nvidia-drivers/ but the version numbers seem similar, but judging by the actual download URLs they might be different.

Indeed, the text at the link you use only seems to be for hardware that is actually in genuine apple hardware, not the newer 10xx series ones. Also make sure you get the right one, are you still on 10.12.4 or already on 10.12.5?

I got the drivers from the same place, but I figured that maybe Nvidia's actual page might be a little more telling. I'm holding off on 10.12.5, I'm still on 10.12.4.

So still no difference, still scratching my head and wondering how everyone else is doing it.

On the bright side, things have been working more or less smoothly besides the graphics. Booting up has been flawless, and iCloud appears to be working well. I was also able to update to 10.12.5 without any hassle (I caved and hoped that maybe it would fix my problem- it didn't). Since everything else is running smoothly, I'll post my config.plist and make sure that I'm not missing anything else. I'll also put up my nvram.plist for kicks- not sure if it will do any good but I figure it's worth a shot.

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.2 KB · Views: 235
  • nvram.plist
    3.1 KB · Views: 225
  • Screen Shot 2017-05-18 at 7.50.59 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-05-18 at 7.50.59 PM.png
    80.6 KB · Views: 209
Change config.plist/Graphics/Inject/Nvidia to false

@BreBo, you are LITERALLY A GODSEND! Everything works perfectly now. It is glorious and beautiful!

Want to thank everyone for all your help in resolving this. It's been rough, I might not have been the best at giving all the information needed. But in the end we figured it out. A thousand thank yous!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-05-19 at 1.01.04 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-05-19 at 1.01.04 PM.png
    334.1 KB · Views: 238
I was wonder if anyone had experienced this problem, when Sierra boot up and I go to About This Mac the Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 identifies itself as "Display 7 MB). I have installed the latest Nvidia drivers and set the flag in clover for NvidiaWeb, but the computer always defaults to "OS X Default Graphics Driver".

Thanks in advance.

MOBO: GA-H170M-DS3H
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 OC
Refer to BreBo's suggestion. Could work out for you.

ç
Refer to BreBo's suggestion. Could work out for you.
Thank you CkellyCarroll. The graphics card is showing now but I am getting some distortion. Anyone got any ideas?
Screen Shot 2017-05-19 at 7.37.14 PM.png

ç

Thank you CkellyCarroll. The graphics card is showing now but I am getting some distortion. Anyone got any ideas?View attachment 255982
I've seen that problem before...But I'd have to hunt down where I saw it last. I'll post it here once I find it, if you haven't found a solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back