i7-13700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all,

I've updated my system with a discrete graphic GPU some months ago and, initially everything went smoothly . Probably it was when 10.10.0 and 10.10.1 were out. Bu after upgrading to 10.10.3 and, 2 days ago, 10.10.4 ... wake up from sleep it's not working properly anymore. If the comp goes to sleep (comp and not only the display!) It DOES wake but the screen remains black and after a short while turns to power saving, while the machine remains on but it seems (I cannot see!) not to get any input. So I have to hard reboot.

Specs:

• mobo: GA-Z97X D3H
  • CPU: i7-4790K
  • GPU: GA GTX 750 Ti
  • UEFI boot with Clover (last release)
  • DSDT present
  • no SSDT
  • IGFX disabled.

everything else working. I can provide my DSDT if needed. I tried to play with darkwake options in Clover but with no luck. I tried recompiling DSDT with MaciASL but with no luck again . Nothing changes. I'm really short of ideas. Any hints?

Thanks! :)

GTX 750 Ti, black screen after wake up

I have a H97N system with a Gigabyte GTX 750 Ti. Wake-up from sleep works fine. I also replace the Gigabyte WiFi/BT card with an iMac WiFi/BT card and adapter card which, believe it or not, made Yosemite perform better, just like a Mac. :thumbup:

I have a H97N system with a Gigabyte GTX 750 Ti. Wake-up from sleep works fine. I also replace the Gigabyte WiFi/BT card with an iMac WiFi/BT card and adapter card which, believe it or not, made Yosemite perform better, just like a Mac. :thumbup:

Hi Stork,

I also have an iMac Wifi/BT card in my system ... and surely it helps, especially during the installation steps. But this doesn't help at all in fixing the wake up issue ...

I just noticed that you're using a DSDT which is normally not needed for 9-series motherboards, and I'm assuming you modified the DSDT. What is the mod'd DSDT "taking care of"?

Is your memory make/model # on the Z97X-D3H motherboard's Memory Support List? Finally, is your PSU rated Haswell "ready" or "certified"? Either of these two items could keep the system from waking up.

I just noticed that you're using a DSDT which is normally not needed for 9-series motherboards, and I'm assuming you modified the DSDT. What is the mod'd DSDT "taking care of"?

Is your memory make/model # on the Z97X-D3H motherboard's Memory Support List? Finally, is your PSU rated Haswell "ready" or "certified"? Either of these two items could keep the system from waking up.

DSDT is used just for having the audio HDMI as per Toleda's guide. Nothing else.

My PSU is Haswell certified and the memory is ok.

Please please could you tell me what you changed in bios?

I have identical hardware and identical problem...

I've tried everything.

Please I'm begging you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back