Contribute
Register

[Solved] Gtx 680 on Mojave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, It's a question of what kind of display and port we use. In my case I run easily some Iiyama with HDMI port, however, my Zotac gtx 680 4gb (flashed) does not work through DVI ports, I tried three different adapters. Did not try Display Port yet. I wish to know how to deal with this issue.. Of course it's all about Mojave OS.

Not necessarily about Mojave. It is more likely to be a combination of things that prevents a natively supported GPU from working.

The first thing I would stress is there is no need to disable the Intel GPU in the Bios when using a GTX 680 or any other natively supported Nvidia dGPU.

You should have your Intel GPU set with an Empty/Headless framebuffer, using WhateverGreen.kext and with any graphics options removed from your config.plist.

You should have an entry for your IGPU in the config.plist:

In Clover (using Clover Configurator) it might look like this:

Screenshot 2021-04-17 at 17.45.30.png

Screenshot 2021-04-17 at 17.45.37.png

In OpenCore (using ProperTree) it might look like this:

Screenshot 2021-04-17 at 17.45.49.png

These are examples of a Headless Framebuffer for a Haswell HD4600 IGPU.

You should not have any of the elements mentioned in the General Recommendations listed in the guide linked below in your Clover folder or config.plist - https://github.com/acidanthera/WhateverGreen/blob/master/Manual/FAQ.IntelHD.en.md

You should make sure you read this manual and specifically the section relating to the IGPU you are using.

Not necessarily about Mojave. It is more likely to be a combination of things that prevents a natively supported GPU from working.

The first thing I would stress is there is no need to disable the Intel GPU in the Bios when using a GTX 680 or any other natively supported Nvidia dGPU.

You should have your Intel GPU set with an Empty/Headless framebuffer, using WhateverGreen.kext and with any graphics options removed from your config.plist.

You should have an entry for your IGPU in the config.plist:

In Clover (using Clover Configurator) it might look like this:

View attachment 515460

View attachment 515461

In OpenCore (using ProperTree) it might look like this:

View attachment 515462

These are examples of a Headless Framebuffer for a Haswell HD4600 IGPU.

You should not have any of the elements mentioned in the General Recommendations listed in the guide linked below in your Clover folder or config.plist - https://github.com/acidanthera/WhateverGreen/blob/master/Manual/FAQ.IntelHD.en.md

You should make sure you read this manual and specifically the section relating to the IGPU you are using.

Edhawk, thank you very much for your post. I didn't think about it in that way. Indeed, it is similar idea which I guess provoked create Open Core. It's more like "prohibit" certain devices from functioning normally, even if they can physically handle a lot of computing. Very known Apple strategy.
I don't understand exactly how to proceed what you just presented but I'm eager to study it. I do not know those tools like Clover, WhateverGreen etc. as well but thanks a lot to remind us that they exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back