Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] GTX 1050 Ti Black Screen Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
As @HTOHAGAN is posting in his screenshot, I'm seeing the same on my setup. You have the same @Alika?

Yes, I have the same as both of you in terms of the ECC. I never bothered to fuss with it since it hasn't impacted performance or the graphics since I got it working. So I am also pretty sure that it does not impact the black screening.

If for whatever the reason the DVI to HDMI converter doesn't work (although it probably should since you have the same problem as me and the other person on this post had), it wouldn't hurt to give the DP to HDMI converter a try. I just received mine and am currently using it, and it works fine. However, on one of my monitors (ASUS VS228H), the DP will not automatically wake from sleep. I have to touch a button on the monitor after waking the computer for the display to wake up. I just plugged it in to try it though, and did not have time to try and find a solution for that minor issue, so I might work on it later. All is good if I have the DP plugged in to my ASUS VE248H though, so I might just to this setup.

Hi, Same problem here I just ordered a display port to add the second monitor hopefully it will work.
I noticed when I am in the Nvidia driver manager in ECC it shows it is not in a slot and not supported. I uploaded a pic and my plist Thanks in advance

Your plist looks fine. You have the essentials (Enable Nvidia Web, Disable inject nvidia, Disable inject intel), so I believe your DP should be fine. I actually just got my DP to HDMI converter in, and it works pretty well! Check out my experience in the second paragraph of post #21. There was a slight hiccup that I can probably figure out with time, but for the most part, it works well! Good luck!

Yes, I have the same as both of you in terms of the ECC. I never bothered to fuss with it since it hasn't impacted performance or the graphics since I got it working. So I am also pretty sure that it does not impact the black screening.

If for whatever the reason the DVI to HDMI converter doesn't work (although it probably should since you have the same problem as me and the other person on this post had), it wouldn't hurt to give the DP to HDMI converter a try. I just received mine and am currently using it, and it works fine. However, on one of my monitors (ASUS VS228H), the DP will not automatically wake from sleep. I have to touch a button on the monitor after waking the computer for the display to wake up. I just plugged it in to try it though, and did not have time to try and find a solution for that minor issue, so I might work on it later. All is good if I have the DP plugged in to my ASUS VE248H though, so I might just to this setup.

Well, for me the ECC is also not a big problem, I don't have problems with the image quality.

Today I will receive my DVI to HDMI converter by mail, so I'm waiting full hopes on that one. I guess it just works. Can't wait to try it though. I will post again in this thread and back-link from my thread to this one if it just works. I guess we have to wait for NVIDIA to solve the HDMI problems in the future :)

Update:
Received DVI to HDMI converter, works like a charm now ;-)!

Just received mine as well and I have the second display on. however I can't get the display monitor connected to the DP to get a higher resolution than 1080p
Update:
Received DVI to HDMI converter, works like a charm now ;-)!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-05-16 at 4.15.25 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-05-16 at 4.15.25 PM.png
    51.2 KB · Views: 314
  • Screen Shot 2017-05-16 at 4.15.39 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-05-16 at 4.15.39 PM.png
    115.2 KB · Views: 312
  • Screen Shot 2017-05-16 at 4.15.50 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-05-16 at 4.15.50 PM.png
    66.6 KB · Views: 255
Just received mine as well and I have the second display on. however I can't get the display monitor connected to the DP to get a higher resolution than 1080p

Isn't the max for a DVI port 1920x1200 at I think 60hz. I don't think you can go any higher than that. You would have to use a USB to HDMI or something like that.

Isn't the max for a DVI port 1920x1200 at I think 60hz. I don't think you can go any higher than that. You would have to use a USB to HDMI or something like that.

You're correct assuming the DVI is single-link (I believe). However, he is using an HDMI connection that's plugged in to the DP through an adapter. The person he quoted is the one that used the DVI connector

What else have you tried? Have you tried switching the cables on the monitors? Like plugging in the HDMI to the other monitor and the DP to the other and get the same result? Also, does it allow you to use "Default for this display", or is that option grayed out? Lastly, is there random chance that the adapter you bought or the DP on your graphics card doesn't support 4k display? (That last one is a longshot, but I just figured I'd throw it in just in case)

Hi

I've got that fixed by updating to clover r4061 and most important to add (you have to choose custom install) the EmuVariableUefi-64 in the section Drivers64UEFI. I also disabled the web drivers injection and just let the Nvidia system panel on "use web drivers".

Let me know if you need my config.plist. I'm quite new to hackintosh, so do not expect perfect configuration files. But at least it helped me to use my gtx 1050 ti.

Cheers

Hi,

I have the same configuration as yours and am facing the black screen problem.

Can you share your config.plist with me?

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back