Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] GTX 1050 Ti Black Screen Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another thing is on my mind that do you see your graphics model number in Clover BootLoader under Graphics Injection section?

Not too sure what you mean here. I use Clover Configurator if that's what you mean by Clover Bootloader, and upon looking at the 'Graphics' section of Clover Configurator, I do not see anything that shows graphics model number. However, if you're talking about in the "About this Mac" window, mine displays as it should. However (again), before I got all of my things working, it displayed "Unknown 7 mb". If anything, feel free to screenshot what you mean so I can get a better idea.

Hopefully the plist works for you!

Also, please update your profile so that others can see the system you're working with.
I was working with my Built in Intel Graphics and I purchased the Nvidia Card recently that's why I didn't update my signature.

Not too sure what you mean here. I use Clover Configurator if that's what you mean by Clover Bootloader, and upon looking at the 'Graphics' section of Clover Configurator, I do not see anything that shows graphics model number. However, if you're talking about in the "About this Mac" window, mine displays as it should. However (again), before I got all of my things working, it displayed "Unknown 7 mb". If anything, feel free to screenshot what you mean so I can get a better idea.
I attached the some images for this.

Hopefully the plist works for you!
Your config.plist is still giving me same error.

So here is the issue again. When I disable it or keep it as Auto the Internal graphics card from the BIOS I get blank screen after Apple Logo when it's half way done and When I enable it after Apple logo and it's loading half monitor turn off the port which is connected to Nvidia card via HDMI and turn on the Internal Graphics Port which is also connected via HDMI on my Asus Monitor.

Right now what I need check if my DVI or DP port is working on my NVIDIA card. I don't have any adapter or extension to connect with my Monitor. I'll try to get that and will try to see if other ports are working.

I hope you or someone can help me out. If there is any other work around than those Port issue.

Thanks.

Attachments

• P_20170507_103807.jpg
    P_20170507_103807.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 364
  • P_20170507_105237.jpg
    P_20170507_105237.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 367
  • P_20170507_112816.jpg
    P_20170507_112816.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 322
BTW I just saw another thing, on my BIOS I've option for Graphics like IGFX, PCI Slot 1 and PCI Slot 2. Currently PCI Slot 1 is selected. On the Mac I see that it's showing Nvidia is on PCI Slot 0.

Is this something I need to fix? If yes how can I fix this?

Thanks in advance.

Your config.plist is still giving me same error.

So here is the issue again. When I disable it or keep it as Auto the Internal graphics card from the BIOS I get blank screen after Apple Logo when it's half way done and When I enable it after Apple logo and it's loading half monitor turn off the port which is connected to Nvidia card via HDMI and turn on the Internal Graphics Port which is also connected via HDMI on my Asus Monitor.

Right now what I need check if my DVI or DP port is working on my NVIDIA card. I don't have any adapter or extension to connect with my Monitor. I'll try to get that and will try to see if other ports are working.

I hope you or someone can help me out. If there is any other work around than those Port issue.

Thanks.

Sounds exactly like the issue I had. Especially since it didn't work with my plist, I am inclined to believe that a DVI or DP connection would resolve your issue. Give the DVI a shot first, since that's what worked for me. I've seen people use an HDMI to DP adapter as well to plug into the DP. Just don't try VGA because I've read in a few places that digital outputs (HDMI, DP, DVI, etc.) are the way to go. It might not matter, but just a reminder that I set my BIOS to 'Disabled' for the Internal Graphics.

Also, I noticed that your system is actually picking up the full VRAM from your graphics card (as shown in your 3rd picture), which mine never did when I was having issues, so even more so I have a feeling it's a hardware thing with your cable connection and not anything on the software side.

I have no idea why in Clover Bootloader it shows up as unknown. Mine always appeared as the right card name in Clover Bootloader. Maybe it has to do with your GPU brand? Mine was Gigabyte. Idk if you have the same.

Lastly, I noticed that you don't have "Use NVIDIA WEB drivers" checked off in the bootloader, but I'm assuming it is this way so that you can boot into your Mac system for now. When you get your DVI/DP connector, make sure that's enabled.

BTW I just saw another thing, on my BIOS I've option for Graphics like IGFX, PCI Slot 1 and PCI Slot 2. Currently PCI Slot 1 is selected. On the Mac I see that it's showing Nvidia is on PCI Slot 0.

Is this something I need to fix? If yes how can I fix this?

My graphics card is the same (Slot: PCI Slot 0, BIOS set to PCE Slot 1, which should be the x16 lane width for both our mobos).

I hope I'm answering all your questions. This is my first "successful" build so I have significantly less knowledge than most on this forum. Please report back if the DVI/DP connector works!

Thanks Alika for your help.

Today I bought a DVI to HDMI converter and now I've no issue with my graphics. I'm using my default config.plist and only using those 2 kexts ( Lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext ) to the /Library/Extension/ Folder.

Thanks again to help me solve the issue.

I got the same issue here, for so far I understand that there is no fix for multiple HDMI at this point?

I got the same issue here, for so far I understand that there is no fix for multiple HDMI at this point?

I believe as of right now, it is dependent on your brand of graphics card (i.e: Gigabyte, MSI, ASUS). Some of the forums on here have people claiming their HDMI works perfectly. There's also a thread where I believe toleda says that the Nvidia drivers need to be updated to fix it. Meaning some of these issues aren't really in our control. The only things I haven't tried was editing my SSDT or DSDT. I looked up the guides on this forum to test it, but it looked too long and complicated for the patience I had at the time. Maybe that could resolve the problem, but I'm satisfied with using the single HDMI port that works along with the DVI/DP slots for my dual screen

Last edited:
Hi, Same problem here I just ordered a display port to add the second monitor hopefully it will work.
I noticed when I am in the Nvidia driver manager in ECC it shows it is not in a slot and not supported. I uploaded a pic and my plist Thanks in advance

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.5 KB · Views: 310
  • Screen Shot 2017-05-15 at 3.52.44 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-05-15 at 3.52.44 PM.png
    159.2 KB · Views: 270
That sounds clear. I also have a GTX 1050 Ti from Gigabyte exactly the same problem, the second monitor shows up in IOReg, but it's turning red almost directly in IOReg when the monitor shows "No Signal Detected!" and when I switch everything over to the port that I know is working, everything just works fine on the other monitor.

I just ordered a DVI to HDMI converter, I'm mainly using my system to do some programming so it shouldn't be a problem for me.

I tried to play around with DSDT but no success with that. I also read that there indeed might be a problem with the drivers. If DVI to HDMI works for me, it's a fine work-around for me.

As @HTOHAGAN is posting in his screenshot, I'm seeing the same on my setup. You have the same @Alika?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-05-15 at 21.57.10.png
    Screen Shot 2017-05-15 at 21.57.10.png
    85.5 KB · Views: 233
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back