Contribute
Register

[Solved] Great working hackintosh until updating Clover 4061

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey All, this is almost certainly not a reflection on the build of the clover, just me being an absolute buffoon, also terribly sorry if this is in the wrong area etc!

Ok so here's the deal... I bought a Hackintosh as I prefer the user interface of OSX and I needed to upgrade but didn't have £3,000 for a tidy Apple product... However I am completely clueless when it comes to clover etc and I have a horrific issue that I'm hoping one of you could help me out.

So the hackintosh was build on Clover Installer Version 2.3k r3766. Worked great, a few small niggles but it worked great. However I tried updating to clover 2.4k 4061. So I went into clover and clicked 'check now for updates' It said the newest update was the 4061 so i upgraded from 3766. However when Boot onto the volume it gets to the clover logo and 'scanning entries' then chaos (attached image)... I have the one of the largest font's possible on my screen and I am unable to boot anywhere after that... I have backups of EFI etc but I am assuming I have done something wrong in the update of clover?

Worth mentioning I did create a bootable OSX flash drive and if that is plugged into a port on start up it then runs 'Clover 4045' then i can select my main bootable drive and it loads up as normal. Anyone know how i can fix this or revert back to the older version?

Thanks in advance!
Rhodri

Attachments

• IMG_7751.JPG
    IMG_7751.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 315
@Rod1989, please update your profile (personal details) with your build (Motherboard or Model, CPU and Graphics Card).
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

A backup of your working Clover Installer Version 2.3k r3766 can be found in the /EFI-Backups folder on your HD/SSD.

One way and probably the easiest is to copy the EFI folder of your usb installer drive to the desktop, now mount the EFI partition of your hard drive, find and delete the EFI folder that is currently on the hard drive and replace it with the one you copied from the usb drive.

@Rod1989, please update your profile (personal details) with your build (Motherboard or Model, CPU and Graphics Card).

A backup of your working Clover Installer Version 2.3k r3766 can be found in the /EFI-Backups folder on your HD/SSD.

One way and probably the easiest is to copy the EFI folder of your usb installer drive to the desktop, now mount the EFI partition of your hard drive, find and delete the EFI folder that is currently on the hard drive and replace it with the one you copied from the usb drive.

Thanks for you help! It worked perfectly, I shall update my info too!

Rhodri

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back