Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell XPS 9560
CPU
i7-7700HQ
Graphics
UHD 630
Hi,

I've reinstalled Sierra to a bigger hard drive and am now getting a scrambled display once Sierra has booted.

Everything was working fine before I did a clean install. See desktop 1 in my signature for specs.

Any ideas guys?

Thanks.

DSC_4650.JPG

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.3 KB · Views: 130
Your config.plist is missing the very first < on line 1. You also need to enable the web drivers properly for Sierra.

Your config.plist is missing the very first < on line 1. You also need to enable the web drivers properly for Sierra.
Hi,

Thanks for your reply I fixed the config.plist but still the same scrambled screen. It boots fine using nv_disable=1 so I know my install is ok.

I've attached my updated config.plist.

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.4 KB · Views: 192
I've attached my updated config.plist.
Your config.plist is corrupt :
"config.plist: Close tag on line 342 does not match open tag dict"

A corrupt config.plist is the same as no config.plist at all.

Your config.plist is corrupt :
"config.plist: Close tag on line 342 does not match open tag dict"

A corrupt config.plist is the same as no config.plist at all.
I fixed that but still same scrambled display.

Any other ideas?

I fixed that but still same scrambled display.

Any other ideas?

If all that you have done is a fresh install to a new hard drive on the same hardware then surely the config.plist from your old hard drive should work on the new installation ?

If all that you have done is a fresh install to a new hard drive on the same hardware then surely the config.plist from your old hard drive should work on the new installation ?

Yeah that's all I did. I'm puzzled.

I could look like you mixed up your backup of your config file, since the one you uploaded here lacked the nvidia webdriver activation, so that config file would not boot a 750ti on you old disk.

download Clover configurator and make a new config file from scratch, and type in your edits.

I could look like you mixed up your backup of your config file, since the one you uploaded here lacked the nvidia webdriver activation, so that config file would not boot a 750ti on you old disk.

download Clover configurator and make a new config file from scratch, and type in your edits.

Hi,

I created a new config.plist from scratch.

I didn't need to enable the nvidia webdriver in the config.plist. All I had to do was select the Nvidia web driver in system preferences and graphics works.

Thanks for you help everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back