Contribute
Register

[Solved] gIOScreenLockState 3 error on High Sierra first boot in GA-Z97X-UD3H

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same issue here. No solution.

Had no problems with Yosemite, Sierra.

High Sierra: Installer runs but installed system does load Desktop with ACM, IOConsoleUsers, WARNING: Hoocker, gIOScreenLockState 3 madness in the dark.

Specs:
Gigabyte Z97 + MSI GeForce GT 430
High Sierra + Clover v2.4_r4289

-v -xcmp darkwake=8 with InjectNvidia as it use to work...:(

What did NOT work so far (after 6 days of pain and a broken z97 motherboard):
  1. Lilu & InvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext (in L/E or EFI/Clover/Kext?other or S/L/E)
  2. With or without NVIDIA WebDriver (never even had to) + in combination with Lilu, Fixup kexts
  3. darkwake=0,1,8 -> no luck
  4. AppleGraphicsControl.kext->AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext editing
  5. Brute-forcing Fake IDs in clover config.plist
  6. Disabling/enabling InjectNvidia in Clover, NvidiaWebDriver too
  7. Trying different Clover configs
  8. Installing WebDriver with CRS disabled/enabled
  9. Clover with X64 driver thing
I'M OUT OF F***N OPTIONS HERE :)

UPDATE: The whole internet is telling me that the GT4XX era is over in High Sierra. It's time to give up :cry: Just bought a GTX 1050 :-X

Attachments

• IMG_3434.jpg
    IMG_3434.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 335
Last edited:
Same here and it’s driving me nuts. The 10.13.1 update broke my install so I created a fresh usb installer with the latest high Sierra download and the latest unibeast. Managed to install but 2 weird things. First off There is no clover. I need to keep using the clover from the usb stick. Second is I can use the system but as soon as I add the nvidia drivers I get the same issues as in the thread.

Update: I managed to boot for the first time by disabling IGPU from bios.

Also I faced the booting loop issue after installing nvidia web driver so i will follow

First off There is no clover. I need to keep using the clover from the usb stick.
Mine too. I installed the clover using Clover_v2.4k_r4297 after first booting. But as soon as I ejected the USB installer disk and restarted the pc and came back to boot menu(by pressing F12) the clover boot option was gone. Is it because of the windows UEFI or it just forgetting the mac os clover path?

Last edited:
Make a copy of /efi/clover/cloverx64.efi at /efi/boot/bootx64.efi

I already tried all the above fixes too. No luck.

The whole internet is telling me that the GT4XX era is over in High Sierra. It's time to give up :cry: Just bought a GTX 1050 :-X

I'm gonna try the following procedure of @RehabMan from his post or this post of @Going Bald

After installing Windows, you may lose Clover. This is because Windows has set itself as the active UEFI bootloader (a UEFI BIOS setting, often hidden).

To recover Clover, easy way:
- on the EFI partition: rename EFI/Microsoft/Boot/bootmgfw.efi to bootmgfw-orig.efi

After a Windows update, Windows may re-create bootmgfw.efi with updated code. To fix after a Windows update:
- on the EFI partition, remove EFI/Microsoft/Boot/bootmgfw-orig.efi
- rename EFI/Microsoft/Boot/bootmgfw.efi to bootmgfw-orig.efi

Last edited:
I'm gonna try the following procedure of @RehabMan from his post or this post of @Going Bald
Recommend not renaming the windows bootloader, adding /efi/clover/cloverx64.efi to the menu is saner. If you have windows installed you can use EasyUEFI instead of Linux/efibootmgr, the result is the same.

Recommend not renaming the windows bootloader, adding /efi/clover/cloverx64.efi to the menu is saner. If you have windows installed you can use EasyUEFI instead of Linux/efibootmgr, the result is the same.

Did what you asked for. But no luck.

Do I have to set other things along with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back