Contribute
Register

[solved] Gigabyte P35Xv3 - Audio, Brightness and Sleep help needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP Elite X2
CPU
i5-7600U
Graphics
HD 620, 2736x1834
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 128K
  2. 512K
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
It's in a very usable state, but if I can get the above issues sorted out, then it will be perfect for me as I couldn't care less if the card reader works. I tried the Elan kexts for the trackpad but the cursor would go crazy periodically so I'm just going to stick with it in mouse mode via VoodooPS2. Anyway, on to the issues:

Audio - I have installed an (allegedly) patched AppleHDA and set the layout to 3 with Clover's config. The internal speakers show up, but do not produce any sound. The internal microphone and microphone jack do work as expected. Additionally, the headphones work as expected and switch automatically. I have not been able to test HDMI audio output yet. I have tried changing the layout to no effect, but I'm just fumbling around in the dark. I have no trouble following guides but I don't pretend to know what I'm doing.

Brightness - No brightness slider appears in the display preference pane. I suspect that my display is eDP based and it's my understanding that patching will not help in that case. I have the 1080p FHD IPS display, not the 3K one. The reason I suspect eDP (other than the patches not working) is that when I look up the replacement part, the panel has a 30-pin connector. An LED LVDS panel would normally have a 40-pin interface. I base that on some panel research I've done when building xbox laptops so I *may* be wrong, but I don't think so.

Sleep - I've tried some of the various patches floating around, but like the audio, I'm just blindly experimenting hoping that I hit the mark somewhere. It will go to sleep, but it takes a good 20 seconds or so for it to finally do it. Then it seems to immediately sort of half wake up, but the screen never comes back on.

I'm attaching my Clover folder which contains the original DSDT files and my patched ones along with IOReg. On this particular set of DSDT/SSDTs, I've applied following - Parsop_zero fix, ADBG fix, remove DSM, SMBUS, OS Check Fix, add IMEI, RTC Fix, GTX0 to IGPU, B0D3 to HDAU, Battery patch, and Discrete Graphics card disable. I recreated the list from memory (I know, I should have kept track), so it's possible that something else is applied.

If anybody can point me in the right direction on any of these, I'd appreciate it!

Attachments

• jhax01-CLOVER.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 56
  • jhax01-ioreg.zip
    444.3 KB · Views: 65
Gigabyte P35Xv3 - Audio, Brightness and Sleep help needed.

Thanks for your help, Rehabman. I applied the Haswell backlight patch and ACPIBacklight loads, but there's no brightness slider in the display preference pane.

I reloaded the audio kext (kext wizard), fixed permissions/rebuild caches and now nothing works in the audio department, although there is a new device shown in IOReg. The codec ID is 283902594 and matches the first entry in the patched AppleHDA so I'm not sure what's happening or what changed. I would expect that at least some portion would work like the headphones and mic previously, but now it's zilch.

The instant wake was solved by applying the USB3_PRW(0x0D) patch, however, the display still doesn't come back when waking from sleep.

I'm attaching a new clover folder and ioreg. Any thoughts?

Thanks for your help, Rehabman. I applied the Haswell backlight patch and ACPIBacklight loads, but there's no brightness slider in the display preference pane.

I reloaded the audio kext (kext wizard), fixed permissions/rebuild caches and now nothing works in the audio department, although there is a new device shown in IOReg. The codec ID is 283902594 and matches the first entry in the patched AppleHDA so I'm not sure what's happening or what changed. I would expect that at least some portion would work like the headphones and mic previously, but now it's zilch.

The instant wake was solved by applying the USB3_PRW(0x0D) patch, however, the display still doesn't come back when waking from sleep.

I'm attaching a new clover folder and ioreg. Any thoughts?

Nothing attached.

Download patchmatic: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-maciasl-patchmatic/downloads/RehabMan-patchmatic-2015-0107.zip
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
if [ -d ~/Downloads/RehabMan ]; then rm -R ~/Downloads/RehabMan; fi
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Note: It is easier if you use copy/paste instead of typing the commands manually.

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

And output from:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu

Also, post EFI/Clover folder.

Also, post the patched AppleHDA.kext you're using.

Thanks again.

jhax01s-MacBook-Pro:Rehabman jhax01$ kextstat | grep -y acpiplat
13 2 0xffffff7f82614000 0x65000 0x65000 com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (3.1) <12 11 7 6 5 4 3 1>
jhax01s-MacBook-Pro:Rehabman jhax01$ kextstat | grep -y appleintelcpu
jhax01s-MacBook-Pro:Rehabman jhax01$

Yeah, so with no output from the second command, I'm guessing that means my power management is borked.

Not sure why my files didn't attach the last time!

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 58
  • jhax01ioreg2.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 61
  • Rehabman.zip
    30.5 KB · Views: 67
  • AppleHDA-272.18-ALC282_v1.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 62

Thanks again.

jhax01s-MacBook-Pro:Rehabman jhax01$ kextstat | grep -y acpiplat
13 2 0xffffff7f82614000 0x65000 0x65000 com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (3.1) <12 11 7 6 5 4 3 1>
jhax01s-MacBook-Pro:Rehabman jhax01$ kextstat | grep -y appleintelcpu
jhax01s-MacBook-Pro:Rehabman jhax01$

Yeah, so with no output from the second command, I'm guessing that means my power management is borked.

No output expected from grep -y appleintelcpu. Power management is correct.

Not sure why my files didn't attach the last time!

Your DSDT is not patched for "IRQ Fix".

Also config.plist lacks ACPI/SortedOrder. Not causing an issue yet (you're getting lucky), but if you start replacing files in ACPI/patched, it will (SSDTs will load in unpredictable order).

ALC282 likely needs CodecCommander.kext.

Ok, so a fair bit of Operator Error on my part. I was applying patches, but not always saving the *.dsl file and instead was just saving the aml file. So when I went back to make changes, some of my previous changes were gone and I didn't realize it. I reapplied the IRQ fix and the USB3_PWR fix as well as added an ACPI sort to Clover. Between those changes, my audio shows up reliably now. It still has no sound output on boot, *however*, if I mute it and then press the volume up or down keys, the audio starts working as expected. That's close enough for me. Thanks a lot for your help!

I'm pretty sure the backlight is going to be a no-go, but I'd like to get it to sleep reliably if possible. As it stands, it will sleep and wake up, but upon wake there's only a black screen. Should I try to add a darkwake flag? Or is the answer in the DSDT somewhere?

Ok, so a fair bit of Operator Error on my part. I was applying patches, but not always saving the *.dsl file and instead was just saving the aml file. So when I went back to make changes, some of my previous changes were gone and I didn't realize it. I reapplied the IRQ fix and the USB3_PWR fix as well as added an ACPI sort to Clover. Between those changes, my audio shows up reliably now. It still has no sound output on boot, *however*, if I mute it and then press the volume up or down keys, the audio starts working as expected. That's close enough for me. Thanks a lot for your help!

I'm pretty sure the backlight is going to be a no-go, but I'd like to get it to sleep reliably if possible. As it stands, it will sleep and wake up, but upon wake there's only a black screen. Should I try to add a darkwake flag? Or is the answer in the DSDT somewhere?

Brightness unless you complete the patching process and begin using a laptop ig-platform-id.

Currently, you're using 0x0d220003, which is for desktops.

This may have something to do with your screen on wake as well.

Usually, 0xa260006 works for most laptops (along with "9mb cursor bytes" patch).

Didn't help for either issue, I'm afraid. The trackpad is now working perfectly with the elan kext now though after fixing all the other things you pointed out, so that's a plus.

Is there another platform id I should try? Seems like it could be a frame buffer issue. If I select sleep from the menu, the display will go dark and it will start the sleep process. If I interrupt it before it actually goes into low power mode, the display will come back on, but there are glitches and artifacts that can only be fixed by a reboot.

Didn't help for either issue, I'm afraid. The trackpad is now working perfectly with the elan kext now though after fixing all the other things you pointed out, so that's a plus.

Is there another platform id I should try? Seems like it could be a frame buffer issue. If I select sleep from the menu, the display will go dark and it will start the sleep process. If I interrupt it before it actually goes into low power mode, the display will come back on, but there are glitches and artifacts that can only be fixed by a reboot.

Download patchmatic: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-maciasl-patchmatic/downloads/RehabMan-patchmatic-2015-0107.zip
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
if [ -d ~/Downloads/RehabMan ]; then rm -R ~/Downloads/RehabMan; fi
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Note: It is easier if you use copy/paste instead of typing the commands manually.

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

And output from:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu

Also, post EFI/Clover folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back