internal Serial and Parallel port - Disabled
Network stack - Disabled
wake-on-lan - Disabled
XHCI Handoff - Enabled
decode over 4G - Disabled
DVMT pre-alloc - 64MB
Set USB legacy - Enabled
Activate XMP - Profile 1

When I load in verbose I get a garbled message, I can barely read "still waiting for root device"

I have been reading through this forum a lot, this seems to be a common issue and so far nothing I've tried has worked. I have tried so many things I am not even sure what to do. May as well start from the beginning.

I have clover configurator vibrant, but i'd be lying if I said I understood how to use it.

any advice is greatly appreciated!

When I load in verbose I get a garbled message, I can barely read "still waiting for root device"
"Still waiting for root device".
When installing this means that your USB flash drive cannot be found.
This is usually because the flash drive is in a USB3 port.
If this is the case move it to a USB2 port, if it is already in a USB2 port move it to another and try again.
Repeat until you have tried all USB ports.
Use a USB2 flash drive.
If it still doesn't work you could try another flash drive.
You might also try enabling Legacy on your USB3 ports in your BIOS settings.
If you only have USB3 ports try with your USB flash drive in a USB2 hub.
Make sure Fast Boot is not activated in your BIOS.

May require USBInjectAll.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/.
May require XHCI-300-series-injector.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/.
May need PMHeart’s patch for 10.13.4+ to remove XHCI USB Port Limit to /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist.
May need PMHeart’s patch for 10.13.6 to remove XHCI USB Port Limit to /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist.

Thank you for the quick reply, I have already tried many of these but for the sake of thoroughness, heres another go.

I have two usb2 flash sticks. one is 8 gig and the other is 16gigs. Both give the same result, although the 16 gig stick is faster.

I have tried every USB port, I do not have a USB2 hub, I would buy one if that is the problem. I have my doubts about that though.

I have added USBinjectAll.kext XHCI-300-series-injector.kext to the appropriate folder, and Both of pmhearts patches. No luck.

It is possible that i have added in the patches wrong, but from what I can see, it looks right.

Is there another method I could try? it seems like this is a really common issue, why is that?

Thanks in advance.

Thank you for the quick reply, I have already tried many of these but for the sake of thoroughness, heres another go.

I have two usb2 flash sticks. one is 8 gig and the other is 16gigs. Both give the same result, although the 16 gig stick is faster.

I have tried every USB port, I do not have a USB2 hub, I would buy one if that is the problem. I have my doubts about that though.

I have added USBinjectAll.kext XHCI-300-series-injector.kext to the appropriate folder, and Both of pmhearts patches. No luck.

It is possible that i have added in the patches wrong, but from what I can see, it looks right.

Is there another method I could try? it seems like this is a really common issue, why is that?

Thanks in advance.
I have a same motherboard and I can installed 10.13.+ but frist time enter install screen, I can't move my mouse,but i fix it. so i install usb use usb2.0 port. you can try it. and I use case usb2.0 prot.

I wish I knew what I was doing wrong. Nothing i've tried has worked.

I have a same motherboard and I can installed 10.13.+ but frist time enter install screen, I can't move my mouse,but i fix it. so i install usb use usb2.0 port. you can try it. and I use case usb2.0 prot.

No idea what I did, but now I can get to the install screen. Mouse and keyboard do not respond. How did you get your mouse and keyboard to work?

I figured out how to get through the install process, at least.

There is one, red USB right next to a red USB C port. That red USB seems to be the only USB port that works with the USB installer, and then would only work with specific kexts. The only additional things I had to add to the USB before installation was xhci-300-series-injector.kext and usbinjectall.kext. If I did anything else, it wouldn't work.

Now my issues all lie in post installation!
Thanks to everyone for the advice!

My latest build
h370 hd3
i3 8100

Bios settings

Load Optimized Defaults
VT-d setting - Disabled
Secure Boot Mode - Disabled
internal Serial and Parallel port - Disabled
Network stack - Disabled
wake-on-lan - Disabled
XHCI Handoff - Enabled
decode over 4G - Disabled
DVMT pre-alloc - 64MB
Set USB legacy - Enabled
Activate XMP - Profile 1

I have been reading through this forum a lot, this seems to be a common issue and so far nothing I've tried has worked. I have tried so many things I am not even sure what to do. May as well start from the beginning.

I have clover configurator vibrant, but i'd be lying if I said I understood how to use it.

any advice is greatly appreciated!

whats your bios Version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back