CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
ASUS GeForce GTX 970 TURBO OC 4GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello people! I've successfully installed Sierra on my brand new computer and I got 2 problems if someone can help me.
There was no explicit guide for my components and sierra installation and I want to make the guide after I'm solving these 2 problems in order to help other users.

Components:
Gigabyte Z170 Gaming K3
Intel i7-6700K
ASUS GeForce GTX 970 TURBO OC 4GB DDR5 256-bit
HyperX Fury Black 16GB DDR4 2133MHz CL14 Dual Channel Kit
External Audio Card Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
Kingston SSDNow UV400 240GB SATA-III 2.5 inch
iMac 14.2 for system definition

I installed Sierra 10.12.5 and for post-install I used Multibeast for network, fakesmc, clover and system definition. Then I installed the latest Alternate Nvidia Graphics (378.05.05.15f01) and it didn't work. After hours of debugging I've found the problem (I had to copy the EmuVariableUefi-64.efi in my EFI partition). After copying the file the computer booted up with the Nvidia Web Driver checked).

I'm using this computer for video editing (Adobe Premiere Pro CC). It's working really great, the problem is that sometimes, when the GPU or CPU (I don't really know) it's working too hard (I guess) the machine just freeze and I can't do anything but hold the power button until the computer is off and then start it again.
I experienced this problem twice when I was rendering a video in Premiere Pro (once when I was just rendering and once when I was rendering and surfing thru Chrome) and once in Mafia III after 10 minutes of gameplay (I installed the game just to test the GPU, i don't plan gaming on this hackintosh).

And the other problem is the Shut Down function. I press Shut Down, the machine goes off and then on again. So Shut Down is working like Restart.

Please, if anybody knows how to fix this problems, or maybe I need to provide more information just reply. Thanks in advance for anybody who can help me out. As soon as I will fix my problems I will make a guide because after all my struggle I want to give back to this wonderful community.

The reboot problem is almost resolved. I'm still experiencing problems with freezing.
The pc frozed 2 times when I was trying to render a clip in Premiere Pro, the third time it worked in Media Encoder. It's pretty frustrating, as I feel my projects insecure anytime I work in Premiere Pro.

The reboot problem is almost resolved. I'm still experiencing problems with freezing.
The pc frozed 2 times when I was trying to render a clip in Premiere Pro, the third time it worked in Media Encoder. It's pretty frustrating, as I feel my projects insecure anytime I work in Premiere Pro.

Same issue with Premiere Pro.
did you solve it?

- mobo: GIGABYTE GA-Z170X-UD5 TH
- CPU : I7-6700k
- graphic card: GIGABYTE GTX 970
- OSX: Sierra 10.12.2

Same issue with Premiere Pro.
did you solve it?

- mobo: GIGABYTE GA-Z170X-UD5 TH
- CPU : I7-6700k
- graphic card: GIGABYTE GTX 970
- OSX: Sierra 10.12.2

Yes. After weeks and weeks of despair, I discovered that my CPU was broken. I installed Windows and Mas Effect Andromeda to test my components. After testing everything, I found that my CPU is a bad one and got it replaced. Hope you'll solve your problem too, it was a pain in the ass.

Yes. After weeks and weeks of despair, I discovered that my CPU was broken. I installed Windows and Mas Effect Andromeda to test my components. After testing everything, I found that my CPU is a bad one and got it replaced. Hope you'll solve your problem too, it was a pain in the ass.
I would liked to test my pc also (same issue). How can I detect whether my cpu is broken or not. Is there any software there? I removed the gtx650 and tested with Integrated graphics. But again frozen. I too doubt cpu. Can you help me before investing some money for an i7?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back