Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Mac Pro
CPU
Core i5 SandyBridge
Graphics
GeForce Gt 9500
Hello guys,

I am trying to restore my machine from a time machine backup, because I do not have FakeSMC.kext installed on the EFI partition of my SSD drive, I created a USB bootable high Sierra installer so I could use the recovery partition on it. But, for some reason, I am always getting the prohibited sign when booting into the recovery partition. The USB boots into the installer with no problems, I am just having issues with the recovery partition. I have installed USBInjectALL kext in my CLOVER/EFI/Other folder and I have booted verbose mode and as well as used the inject usb options in clover. I will attach my verbose boot photo below.

If anyone could help me I would really appreciate it. Thanks

Attachments

• 20180925_123509.jpg
    20180925_123509.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 224
I have installed USBInjectALL kext in my CLOVER/EFI/Other folder and I have booted verbose mode and as well as used the inject usb options in clover.
In order to boot into the recovery partition you must put FakeSMC.kext into your /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder on your EFI partition.

Yes i have done this, even with this, it still shows prohibited sign.
When installing this means that your USB flash drive cannot be found.
This is usually because the flash drive is in a USB3 port.
If this is the case move it to a USB2 port, if it is already in a USB2 port move it to another and try again.
Repeat until you have tried all USB ports.
Use a USB2 flash drive.
If it still doesn't work you could try another flash drive.
You might also try enabling Legacy on your USB3 ports in your BIOS settings.
If you only have USB3 ports try with your USB flash drive in a USB2 hub.
Make sure Fast Boot is not activated in your BIOS.

May require USBInjectAll.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/.
May require XHCI-200-series-injector.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/.
May need PMHeart’s patch for 10.13.6 to remove XHCI USB Port Limit to /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist.

When installing this means that your USB flash drive cannot be found.
This is usually because the flash drive is in a USB3 port.
If this is the case move it to a USB2 port, if it is already in a USB2 port move it to another and try again.
Repeat until you have tried all USB ports.
Use a USB2 flash drive.
If it still doesn't work you could try another flash drive.
You might also try enabling Legacy on your USB3 ports in your BIOS settings.
If you only have USB3 ports try with your USB flash drive in a USB2 hub.
Make sure Fast Boot is not activated in your BIOS.

May require USBInjectAll.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/.
May require XHCI-200-series-injector.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/.
May need PMHeart’s patch for 10.13.6 to remove XHCI USB Port Limit to /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist.
Ok thanks! Do i have to use a usb 2.0 drive? On my z170n gigabyte board i only have usb 3.0 slots. And i also will try the XHCI kext as well.

Thanks!

Ok thanks! Do i have to use a usb 2.0 drive? On my z170n gigabyte board i only have usb 3.0 slots. And i also will try the XHCI kext as well.
Best to add the kexts to the /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ folder and add the patch to your config.plist first.
Then simply try with the USB installer all USB ports
If that's not working try the other suggestions on the list.

Best to add the kexts to the /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ folder and add the patch to your config.plist first.
Then simply try with the USB installer all USB ports
If that's not working try the other suggestions on the list.
Ok I added the patch and the two kexts and still nothing... I may have to try a usb 2.0 drive

Just tried plugging the usb 3.0 drive into a usb 2.0 hub and still nothing...could it still be because of the usb drive?
Is this computer just Hackintosh alone or dual boot with Windows?.

If you have, for example Windows 10 in dual-boot, you can boot into that and mount the EFI Partition of your macOS SSD (because EFI is FAT ) using Elevated command prompt or much easier with "MiniTool Partition Manager" (limited-use-ware), giving the EFI vol an unassigned drive letter (ex Z) to mount and through a USB flash disk get the kext you want to install on to the EFI Partition. It is a multi-step process more involved than the way I have presented it here in a short-hand form.

Is this computer just Hackintosh alone or dual boot with Windows?.

If you have, for example Windows 10 in dual-boot, you can boot into that and mount the EFI Partition of your macOS SSD (because EFI is FAT ) using Elevated command prompt or much easier with "MiniTool Partition Manager" (limited-use-ware), giving the EFI vol an unassigned drive letter (ex Z) to mount and through a USB flash disk get the kext you want to install on to the EFI Partition. It is a multi-step process more involved than the way I have presented it here in a short-hand form.
I just have Mac OS on this computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back