Contribute
Register

[Solved] GC Alpine Ridge (rev 2.0) not recongized after TB3 driver install.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 7
CPU
Intel Core i7-8700K
Graphics
Intel UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I recently installed GC Alpine Ridge (rev 2.0) Thunderbolt 3 AIC card and followed instructions by installing drivers on Windows 10 system first to activate it. I successfully installed drivers but Device Manager did not show TB3 device. I ran Thunderbolt Software and it displayed complete blank window.

I moved it to PCI 8x from PCI 4x but it still resulted the same and just displayed two PCI-to-PCI bridges. I moved it back to PCI 4x. I tried to uninstalled and re-installed TB3 driver but it was still not displayed.

I tried to run TB3 fw update and it complained that controller not found. I think that TB3 card is DOA or something is wrong with TB3 card.

Does anyone have any solution with that?

Thanks,
Tim

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 7
CPU
Intel Core i7-8700K
Graphics
Intel UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
No one respond my topic but I had contacted Gigabyte technical support and got a reply. I checked BIOS setting and noticed Thunderbolt option. I enabled all 4 options under thunderbolt page and booted system. It finally showed up in Device Manager. All set done.

When I removed card from my system, thunderbolt option was not displayed. Then I put it back to my system and thunderbolt option appeared back. It looks like card working. Then I enabled all 4 options and booted system. It appeared in device manager. It showed two TB3 ports and two USB 3.1 ports.