Contribute
Register

[Solved] GA-Z87/i7 4770: MACH REBOOT/ACPI Error After Installation (EFI Folder included)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
GTX 780 Ti
Here are the specs of my system:

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87N-WIFI
CPU: Intel i7 4770k
GPU: Internal HD4600
RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR3 2x4GB 1600MHz
SSD: Crucial MX100 512GB

Here's what I did:

- F12 Boot From Unibeast USB High Sierra
- Choose USB Installer
- Reboot and F12 Boot from Unibeast USB again
- Choose disk image installer
- Reboot and F12 Boot from Unibeast USB
- Multibeast with Clover UEFI + FakeSMC + NullCPUManagement + USB Drivers for 7/8/9 series MB
- Installation Confirmation and Reboot
- Error messages during startup

If I choose the safe mode during startup, I get a MACH REBOOT error message. If I choose the normal startup, I get an ACPI table error.

I've attached my whole EFI drive (disk0s1) from my SSD in ZIP format.

Is the EFI folder at least correct? What about config.plist?

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    31 MB · Views: 57
Here are the specs of my system:

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87N-WIFI
CPU: Intel i7 4770k
GPU: Internal HD4600
RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR3 2x4GB 1600MHz
SSD: Crucial MX100 512GB

Here's what I did:

- F12 Boot From Unibeast USB High Sierra
- Choose USB Installer
- Reboot and F12 Boot from Unibeast USB again
- Choose disk image installer
- Reboot and F12 Boot from Unibeast USB
- Multibeast with Clover UEFI + FakeSMC + NullCPUManagement + USB Drivers for 7/8/9 series MB
- Installation Confirmation and Reboot
- Error messages during startup

If I choose the safe mode during startup, I get a MACH REBOOT error message. If I choose the normal startup, I get an ACPI table error.

I've attached my whole EFI drive (disk0s1) from my SSD in ZIP format.

Is the EFI folder at least correct? What about config.plist?
Press F2 at the Clover boot menu and upload /efi/clover/misc/preboot.log that gets created.

Press F2 at the Clover boot menu and upload /efi/clover/misc/preboot.log that gets created.

I've attached the preboot.log to this post. Is there anything else I'd need to upload?

Attachments

• preboot.log.zip
    7.7 KB · Views: 38
I've attached the preboot.log to this post. Is there anything else I'd need to upload?
You should remove NullCPUPowerManagement extension. Also no USB drivers are required for your motherboard.

You should make a copy of FakeSMC and Realtek kexts in /efi/clover/kexts/other for booting without a kernel cache. Multibeast doesn't touch the kexts folder on the EFI partition.

In config.plist

• Remove random fixes, add fixes one at a time to fix reproducable issues
  • Try SSDT->Generate->PluginType=True for CpuPm
  • Remove some random patches
  • Permissive CSR flags / allow everything
  • Disable kext patches, check they are valid for 10.13.x and re-enable one at a time

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.4 KB · Views: 239
You should remove NullCPUPowerManagement extension. Also no USB drivers are required for your motherboard.

You should make a copy of FakeSMC and Realtek kexts in /efi/clover/kexts/other for booting without a kernel cache. Multibeast doesn't touch the kexts folder on the EFI partition.

In config.plist

• Remove random fixes, add fixes one at a time to fix reproducable issues
  • Try SSDT->Generate->PluginType=True for CpuPm
  • Remove some random patches
  • Permissive CSR flags / allow everything
  • Disable kext patches, check they are valid for 10.13.x and re-enable one at a time

Ok, I copied the FakeSMC into the other folder and I inserted your config.plist file from above to my CLOVER folder. Now I get a Kernel Panic.

I'm editing the config.plist via the Clover Configurator, so I'm not exactly sure how to achieve the steps mentioned above.

Once I open it with the Text Editor I can see a passage that mentions the PluginType thing:

Code:
<key>SSDT</key>
        <dict>
            <key>DropOem</key>
            <false/>
            <key>Generate</key>
            <dict>
                <key>CStates</key>
                <false/>
                <key>PStates</key>
                <false/>
                <key>PluginType</key>
                <true/>
            </dict>
        </dict>

PluginType is set to true, but I'm not sure how I can turn it true for CpuPm specifically...

Removing random fixes: Do I need to remove some of the check marks in the "Kernel and Kext Patches" section of the Clover Configurator, like KernelPm and AppleRTC?

Where can I set the permissive CSR flags to "everything"?

Here's my kext patches window:
jHhKk3Q.png

I have no KernelToPatch, BootPatches or ForceKextsToLoad entries. Should I remove the entries above from the list and successively add them?

PluginType is set to true, but I'm not sure how I can turn it true for CpuPm specifically...
It is either true or false and enables PM specifically using RehabMan's 'plugin-type' method
Removing random fixes: Do I need to remove some of the check marks in the "Kernel and Kext Patches" section of the Clover Configurator, like KernelPm and AppleRTC?
There were a lot of patches so i already removed most of them in the .plist
Where can I set the permissive CSR flags to "everything"?
CsrActiveConfig in RtVariables already set in the .plist
I have no KernelToPatch, BootPatches or ForceKextsToLoad entries. Should I remove the entries above from the list and successively add them?
Not yet. Add 'debug=0x100' to boot arguments in the 'boot', disables reboot on panic, and try and get some info or a photo. It might be related to the 7 disabled patches in your screenshot in #6, you could re-enable them, unchecking 'disabled' in that window.

Things like fixes and kernel patches you can hit 'o' at the clover menu and enable on a per-boot basis, its easier to try things that way before editing the .plist - most of them you shouldn't need to boot.

Last edited:
Not yet. Add 'debug=0x100' to boot arguments in the 'boot', disables reboot on panic, and try and get some info or a photo. It might be related to the 7 disabled patches in your screenshot in #6, you could re-enable them, unchecking 'disabled' in that window.

This is what I get after the Kernel Panic:

AO0kPSb.jpg

Don't really know what to do now... I'm still baffled that it loads NullCPUPowerManagement. It's not in the kext folder and I don't have it in /System/Library/Extensions, either...

Last edited:
You need to rebuild the kernel cache when installing or uninstalling extensions
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /
but for now try to boot without caches, press space at the Clover menu and you should get the option for the selected entry

If you installed kexts with Multibeast they are in /Library/Extensions

I went into the /Library/Extensions folder and I deleted NullCPUManagement and all the files that contained Fake in their name along with the GPUSensors, CPUSensors etc., I then rebuilt the Kernel Cache with the kextcache command and rebooted the system.

Now everything's working as it should, except for HDMI HD4600 Audio, but I'll fix that with Toleda's awesome HDMI patch script.

Thanks for your help, vulgo! Much appreciated!

One last question I have: Is the FakeSMC.kext from the "other" folder now in use or is there a different destination that might still include FakeSMC.kext?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back