Contribute
Register

[Solved] GA-Z77x-up5-TH Installation of 10.13.3 stuck

Status
Not open for further replies.
The boot options are the same that worked with OSX 10.9 until 10.12. Could there be any that breaks with 10.13.?

I think that cmn699 not only refers to boot options. He wants to know about options related to uefi mode, vt-x mode, CFG-Lock, XHCI, secure boot mode, and more stuff... that's why he said ALL the chosen bios options.

any solution to this? I'm getting the sam problem, same mobo

UPDATE:

I downloaded the 13.3 installer, upgraded CLOVER to 4392 and updated to "OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi" in drivers64UEFI.
Checked again that the clover rc.scripts are not installed in /etc.

Still, the same error. I even tried the installer with the HFS+ option instead of APFS. It did not change the outcome. I just cannot figure out where the error lies, because I write this entry on the same machine with the same configuration on 10.12.6, which works perfect.

UPDATE:

I downloaded the 13.3 installer, upgraded CLOVER to 4392 and updated to "OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi" in drivers64UEFI.
Checked again that the clover rc.scripts are not installed in /etc.

Still, the same error. I even tried the installer with the HFS+ option instead of APFS. It did not change the outcome. I just cannot figure out where the error lies, because I write this entry on the same machine with the same configuration on 10.12.6, which works perfect.
10.13.x is NOT the same as 10.12.6 and requires different configurations.
As posted in #8 , provide required data but start a new thread and not this one which has become totally unmanageable as a one on one troubleshoot thread because of many with different hardware latching on to the same thread and interjecting instead of starting a new thread of their own.

The issue is solved, thanks to the following hint:
I recently installed HS using Storks guide using onboard video then installed my GTX 960 with Nvidia web drivers and everything works great.

I did exactly that. Unplug my GTX680, connect HDMI to the internal graphics port, activate IGP in UEFI and set it to "boot first".
Then by using the IGP, I could upgrade to High Sierra without a hitch.
Afterwards, I just reversed everything and now I have a fully working installation of 10.13.3 without any further configuration.

The issue is solved, thanks to the following hint:

I did exactly that. Unplug my GTX680, connect HDMI to the internal graphics port, activate IGP in UEFI and set it to "boot first".
Then by using the IGP, I could upgrade to High Sierra without a hitch.
Afterwards, I just reversed everything and now I have a fully working installation of 10.13.3 without any further configuration.

This totally worked for me. I kept getting stuck at the Apple loading up the install for HS. It wouldn't load past half way before freezing up. I pulled my GeForce GTX 670 and then I was able to install. Not only that, I didn't have to clean install. I was able to upgrade my Mountain Lion OS so all my programs(Adobe Suite CS6) work great without having to reinstall.

I then reinstalled my video card, installed all the appropriate MultiBeast drivers, downloaded all the appropriate NVIDIA updated drivers and CUDA updates, and it's all good. And to think, I've been holding out upgrading OS's for so so long because I thought it was going to be so much more difficult than it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back