Graphics
ATI Radeon RX570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everyone. I've just upgraded my install to 10.12 which went pretty smooth (bar a few hick-ups replacing Chameleon with Clover). However, I seem to have lost my Atheros Ethernet driver functionality. I've previously used the Atheros kexts bundled with Multibeast but this time none of the bundled versions work. :/ The other LAN interface in my mobo works OK. Has anyone had success getting the Atheros port to work under Sierra on the GA-Z77X-UD5H?

To rule out the common issues - I've double-checked my install and BIOS settings, the same I've had since 10.8, then 10.9 and now 10.12. Everything works fine, including power management, sleep, shutdown, USB ports, etc. using largely vanilla install. System definition is iMac14,2. BIOS is r14. AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext is there in /Library/Extensions, the OS however marks it as not loadable and does not load it. If I try to kextload it, it still doesn't work. Only one Ethernet interface appears in System Preferences > Network, where before I correctly had two.

Very grateful for any ideas!

turns out I was looking at the wrong kext in Multibeast. As per this thread, I copied AtherosL1c inside Apple's IONetworking kext and it all started working.

turns out I was looking at the wrong kext in Multibeast. As per this thread, I copied AtherosL1c inside Apple's IONetworking kext and it all started working.

Hi, I'm sure this is a silly question but it's all pretty new to me. How do you copy one kext inside another? I have a G77x=UD5H and have no working ethernet at the moment either. I've read that other thread but I just don't understand the "how to" being a noob and all.

Any help much appreciated. Thanks.

UPDATE: I've actually solved this by plugging into the other ethernet port on my mono - go figure!!!

Alright fellas... Ive been using TheRacerMasters script for sierra for a couple of weeks now with no issues...
Try this for an easy install and setup... for anyone who has an Z77 board..

https://github.com/theracermaster/Gigabyte-GA-Z77X-DSDT-Patch/tree/sierra

TheRacerMasters has changed username- I found this under his new username at:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back