Contribute
Register

[Solved] GA Z77X UD5H/3770K network delay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0 Ghz
Graphics
x2 GeForce GTX 970 Mini ITX
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So for some reason whenever I launch FireFox or any other program connects to the internet (such as an updating from the web) it hangs. Firefox will eventually start to work after about a minute but the updates just hang forever, I end up having to kill the program. The strange thing is that Safari doesn't have this problem.

I used mulitbeast and selected Maojl's and hnak's Apple Intel E1000e kexts.

Has anyone seen this issue, and if so can they point me in the direction to fix it? At this point I am at a lost, I am not even sure how to troubleshoot.

Thanks!

Re: GA Z77X UD5H/3770K network delay.

I don't think I've seen this either (same board and CPU). I use Chrome, but when I open the app, its instantaneously loaded. No apparent delays of any sort. Which motherboard revision are you running?

Tagny Daggart said:
I don't think I've seen this either (same board and CPU). I use Chrome, but when I open the app, its instantaneously loaded. No apparent delays of any sort. Which motherboard revision are you running?

F7

Bomma72 said:
Tagny Daggart said:

F7

I'm on F7 too.

Do you need both interfaces to work? I disabled the PCH LAN Controller (this is the Intel Controller). I wonder if that is the difference?

Also, before you go messing around in BIOS, can you demonstrate that this issue is unique to your Hack? Can you demonstrate that other devices on the same LAN do not have any issues?

Tagny Daggart said:
Bomma72 said:
[quote="Tagny Daggart":t2po8ljz]I don't think I've seen this either (same board and CPU). I use Chrome, but when I open the app, its instantaneously loaded. No apparent delays of any sort. Which motherboard revision are you running?

F7

I'm on F7 too.

Do you need both interfaces to work? I disabled the PCH LAN Controller (this is the Intel Controller). I wonder if that is the difference?

Also, before you go messing around in BIOS, can you demonstrate that this issue is unique to your Hack? Can you demonstrate that other devices on the same LAN do not have any issues?[/quote:t2po8ljz]

I think this is the answer. I did a reinstall and DIDN'T install the Apple Intel E1000e kexts. Seems to work fine now.

Bump that. I am using the same mobo and although internet and LAN work through either port fine I cant seem to get Gigabit ethernet either.
Ive tried using all of the multibeast network drivers separately and in tandem, setting the Hardware tab in network preferences manually to force 1000baseT with full duplex and still cant get more than 10MB/s :( I also tried the new Atheros network driver from the new Multibeast 5.2.0 update but still no difference in speed.

I know the problem cant be anywhere else since I bought a new TP-Link Gigabit router and Gigabit switches all connect via CAT6 cables. Ive tested other machines on the LAN transferring large files from my Macbook Pro to a Windows 7 machine and can get up to 60MB/s using those machines but cant get the speed faster on my Hackintosh. Ideally I would love to get around 100MB/s or faster.

Some users have reported buying a separate NIC to get gigabit speeds but this mobo has dual ports in the back and would love a solution before needing to resort to buying an NIC.
Anyone figured out how to enable Gigabit speeds on the Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H? Any help would be much appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back