Contribute
Register

Solved! GA-H55M-USB3 with i5 DSDT problems with firewire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheers for the help mate, I should hopefully be trying this next weekend, if not the weekend after :D

Plexi,

This thread is amazing. I haven't been able to get my H55M-USB3 to boot at all with the DSDT from the database. The first DSDT you posted in combination with your tricks has made my machine work like a charm! Almost...the only thing I am missing is QE with my GTX 470. Do edits have to be made to the DSDT for that one?

I've not tried that card myself so I guess you'll have to check the forums on it?
You should be able to get it happening.

Have you tried graphics enabler = yes, in the chameleon plist?

Can't tank you enough for providing an alternative DSDT. Should it not be moved into the database, as obviously the F11 is not working in _Lion_?

One more caveat I encountered during my first boot after installation with Unibeast was a kernel panic during boot: panic(...): "IOUSBInterface::_RESERVEDIOUSBInterface1 called."

Apparently the Unibeast config does not like to have any USB drive attached and would freeze. Since Unibeast is sort of based on the whole USB drive idea, I needed to remove the USB drive once the grey apple logo appears. Lion would finish booting then. Once everything is set up properly with Multibeast, USB works fine.

hey! sry for jumping in but i recently got problems with my build which uses also the h55m-usb3 but with the i7. When I wake my hack up from sleep it happens that i get the kernel panic reboot screen when i try to eject my eSata Drive or any USB drive. I first thought the problem is the "new" 3rdParty eSata kext but could it also the dsdt that causes the problem? I'm running bios version 11 and tried the dsdt postet by plexi...but still it crashes.
Any hints?

jotef said:
hey! sry for jumping in but i recently got problems with my build which uses also the h55m-usb3 but with the i7. When I wake my hack up from sleep it happens that i get the kernel panic reboot screen when i try to eject my eSata Drive or any USB drive. I first thought the problem is the "new" 3rdParty eSata kext but could it also the dsdt that causes the problem? I'm running bios version 11 and tried the dsdt postet by plexi...but still it crashes.
Any hints?

I also have an i7 and USB works fine since I installed the NEC USB kext. The DSDT has given me no problems so far. The only problem I have is that Lion does not go to sleep on it's own, I have to put it to sleep manually. USB is working fine though, even after sleep.

jotef said:
Any hints?
Lion or SL?
Are you using any fakeSMC plugins?
CPU/GPU monitors, etc.

Those can do exactly as you describe on a few different boards.

Try with just ALC8xxHDA + Rollback/3rd PartyeSATA or SATA/Fake SMC.

plexi said:
jotef said:
Any hints?
Lion or SL?
Are you using any fakeSMC plugins?
CPU/GPU monitors, etc.

Those can do exactly as you describe on a few different boards.

Try with just ALC8xxHDA + Rollback/3rd PartyeSATA or SATA/Fake SMC.

I'm running SL 10.6.7 and i don't use any fakeSMC plugins.
In Extra there is the dsdt of your second post and just 3rd PartyeSata, ALC8xxHDA and Fake SMC.
So do you mean i have to delete those and run EasyBeast and just ALC8xxHDA + Rollback and 3rdParty eSata?

That looks like it should be OK.
What version of Lnx2mac's Lan driver are you running?

0.0.67 would be your best bet on SL 10.6.7.
0.0.90 is really more suited for Lion on SB.
You'll find version 0.0.67 in MB 3.8.0.

Also, stick with the USB 3.0 driver from that version of MB.

plexi said:
That looks like it should be OK.
What version of Lnx2mac's Lan driver are you running?

0.0.67 would be your best bet on SL 10.6.7.
0.0.90 is really more suited for Lion on SB.
You'll find version 0.0.67 in MB 3.8.0.

Also, stick with the USB 3.0 driver from that version of MB.

hey, could you give me a step by step desctription of what i have to do. I only made the Audio + rollback + 3rdpartyesata + fakeSMC and i checked that i used the 0.0.67 Lan driver. So i tested a again but still after waking up from sleep my system crashes and says me i have to reboot when i want to eject USB drives or my eSata drive... :confused: at first boot everything works perfect. Damn sleep...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back