Contribute
Register

[Solved] GA-H270-HD3 Sierra Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,

Complete noob here. I did some searching in the forum first to see if anyone has any trouble getting Sierra installed on their H270-HD3. Didn't find anything so I'm making a request. Doing my first install and hitting a wall. I've removed my Geforce GTX 1050 Ti to see if video was the issue but it doesn't seem to make a difference. I'm getting the Apple logo with a progress bar with just a blip of progress. Then it hangs. I've checked all my bios settings. I've got a Samsung 850 EVo 500GB drive in this machine. I've removed one of the 8GB sticks of memory and swapped them to make sure memory wasn't the issue. Any assistance would be helpful at this time.

Thanks
Mark

I'm getting the Apple logo with a progress bar with just a blip of progress. Then it hangs.
Boot your system in Verbose Mode and post a picture of your screen when it freezes/hangs.
At Clover Boot Screen press space bar and select Verbose (-v)

Hi BreBo,

Thanks for the reply. I eventually read up on boot flags and did see where it was hanging. Which led me to google and discover that I simply needed to turn on the usb ownership flag in clover. That got me past that point and into the installer. Everything installed. Struggled with the clover install not booting from the ssd but would boot from the USB. Ultimately figured it was something to do with the video and at that point was running off the onboard video. I decided to install the Geforce GTX 1050 Ti and proceeded with the NVIDIA web driver setup. Booting from ssd started working. Used Multibeast to install NIC kext and now that brings me to one issue left. The sound device isn't showing up. I've been reading up on all the solutions out there. Pretty mind boggling. I've been reading the "No Audio Devices - Realtek ALC AppleHDA [Guide]". I downloaded and ran the DPCIManager and the device id's were pretty unknown. I googled the device id's and that led me to a post where they suggested the Quick Fix: 200 Series/Kaby Lake Audio post. I attempted the RehabMan/OS-X-Fake-PCI-ID solution by downloading kextBeast and installing both the FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext into the /Library/Extensions directory. I did do a kextstat and see that FakePCIID.kext was loaded but no Intel_HDMI was loaded. That's where I'm at. Any suggestions.
Thanks for your time!
Mark

I googled the device id's and that led me to a post where they suggested the Quick Fix: 200 Series/Kaby Lake Audio post. I attempted the RehabMan/OS-X-Fake-PCI-ID solution by downloading kextBeast and installing both the FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext into the /Library/Extensions directory. I did do a kextstat and see that FakePCIID.kext was loaded but no Intel_HDMI was loaded. Any suggestions.
Not working/Post to thread linked with requested files attached:
  1. No Audio Devices - Realtek ALC AppleHDA/Post #1/II. Problem Reporting.
  2. No Sound - Realtek ALC AppleHDA/Post #1/Problem Reporting.

I was able to successfully get the sound working and then discovered USB 3.0 wasn't working so I spent about 30 minutes getting that working. The machine is up and running. Files have been transferred over and my wife is about have her a new mac. This machine is replacing a 2011 27" iMac that has one of the bad video cards in it. Apple wouldn't replace it even though it's a known issue/recall. Good bye to all in one. I'm pretty sure heat was the issue and I'm not a fan of all in ones since they can't get rid of the heat like this tower will. I'm pretty impressed with this setup. I'm a little jealous. I'll keep my ubuntu box though.

I was able to successfully get the sound working and then discovered USB 3.0 wasn't working so I spent about 30 minutes getting that working. The machine is up and running. Files have been transferred over and my wife is about have her a new mac. This machine is replacing a 2011 27" iMac that has one of the bad video cards in it. Apple wouldn't replace it even though it's a known issue/recall. Good bye to all in one. I'm pretty sure heat was the issue and I'm not a fan of all in ones since they can't get rid of the heat like this tower will. I'm pretty impressed with this setup. I'm a little jealous. I'll keep my ubuntu box though.

Sounds great. Going to build something similar soon. Congrats to you and your wife :)

I have the same board as you. What did you do to get the sound to work. I tried putting in the fakepciid.kext file and my sound still isn't working. Any help would be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back