Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all,

New build for me. I followed the vanilla custom mini specs:

i3 6100
Gigabyte h170n-wifi
8 GB DDR4 ram
1TB WD Black drive

I have followed the Skylake guide and cannot get to the install screen - the monitor turns off. USB was created with latest Unibeast and used the current version of El Capitan from the App store. I have tried 2 different USB drives (USB 2 & USB 3). I have tried injecting intel and not. I have tried GraphicsEnabler=No.

I have followed this guide to the letter but can't reach the installer. I have tried all the different USB ports and tried to install using HDMI - none of the ports show anything. I have a DVI monitor that I'm planning to use as my permanent monitor but it shuts off. HDMI doesn't show anything using either port when booting up - not even the splash screen.

The last thing I see before the shutoff using verbose mode it something about the DRMstatus saying "iTunes/Apple Store Content access Problem. Content playback may be disabled on this computer. You can continue to use this machine but should contact Apple support".

Thanks in advance!!

Last edited:
Followed the BIOS settings?

Also have you tried kext-dev-mode=1, and dart=0?

Followed the BIOS settings?

Also have you tried kext-dev-mode=1, and dart=0?

yes BIOS settings have been followed. I have tried dart=0

I will try kext-dev-mode=1 and report back.

thanks!

I am also going to try booting in safe mode "-x" to see if it will let me through to the installer.

Sure, also add '-v' boot flag to boot with verbose mode. It will help to keep a better track of when and where the installation stops.

So I have tried the suggestions below:

dart=0
nv_disable=1
kext-dev-mode=1

I have also tried -x and -s - no luck.

I have made 2 new different USB sticks: 1) 8GB USB 2 drive and 2 16GB USB 3 drive.

I have tried to boot up directly with only HDMI and neither port work for me.
The screen shuts off just after the DRMstatus message.

I have had several hacks before - this one is a total nightmare!! I feel like just installing windows 10 on there.

No idea what to do next.

dart=0
nv_disable=1
kext-dev-mode=1
Hi monty007,

The boot flag nv_disable=1 is for nvidia graphics cards and kext-dev-mode=1 is only compatible with OS X Yosemite. OS X El Capitan uses System Integrity Protection commonly known as (SIP). Using UniBeast to create your installer will partially disable these parameters.
In your config.plist make sure under graphics you have InjectIntel=True and you can inject ig-platform-id=0x19120000. Continue to use -v as this will help if the system stalls.

Thanks Wildwillow for the details. I have updated to the config file to reflect - still can't get to the installer.

SOLVED:

So I bought a new monitor, new HDMI cable and 3 new USB sticks (16GB USB 3).
I updated Unibeast (6.2) and Multibeast (8.2.2) to the most Current along with OS X 10.11.4.

Hooked up new monitor and new HDMI cable using the bottom port but I also kept the DVI monitor plugged in.
Once I got to the Clover menu I hit space bar and selected the option that says something like "don't load caches & Kexts".

DVI lost signal as usual but the HDMI monitor made it to the installer. Finally got it installed and working properly.

Thanks for all who tried to help me. Hope this helps someone else.

Some other points I thought I would add that might help others:

-Got stuck several times after the "AppleLegacyUSB" - usually indicates a problem with the USB itself. New USB Stick probably solved this problem.
-Installing with 1 stick of RAM seemed to help
-After struggling so much with this install, I think installing with HDMI as the primary monitor seems to work the best - especially with the 170 boards.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back