Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z170X-Gaming 7
CPU
Intel Core i7-4790K Processor- BX80646I74790K
Graphics
Nvidia GTX 980 Ti
Hi all,

I'm trying to do a fresh install of High Sierra. I'm having some post-install issues, and was wondering if I could get some help. I have the following hardware:

Motherboard: GA-Z170X-Gaming 7
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790K Processor- BX80646I74790K
Memory: CORSAIR Vengeance Pro 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2133 Model CMY32GX3M4A2133C11
Video Card: Nvidia GTX 980 Ti
Hard Drive: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 2.5-Inch SATA III

I followed the guide exactly, but was originally having the same hanging issue here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/resolved-high-sierra-installer-hangs-while-booting.244083/. I have a 980 Ti instead of a 970 though.

I followed the instructions there and was able to get install successfully. But then I follow the instructions to get the Nvidia card working (Install web driver, change the mentioned configs with clover configurator, install card and boot).

And then I boot, the apple logo / loading bar show up and load, and when the bar finishes loading I get a black screen with a loading circle. The loading circle never goes away.

When I try to boot in verbose mode, It gets to a point where it blinks these lines every few seconds:

IOConsoleUsers: time(0)->0, lin 0, llk1,
IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0

I've done the install twice now. Same issue after

Any ideas? If there's any more information I can give, please let me know. Thanks in advance.

I can do that. I had assumed the details in the post where enough.

I was able to fix this late last night by disabling the motherboard graphics. Thanks for the link!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back