Motherboard
Asus H310T
CPU
i7 8700T
Graphics
UHD 630
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey, I seem to be having some issues getting macOS High Sierra installed on my new Hackintosh build. I've been running macOS on PC hardware for several years but I've never came across this issue before.

The install looks like its doing fine but then at around 80% progress, at 2 minutes remaining, the installation just freezes completely. Cannot move cursor, no feedback from any keyboard key, completely locked up. I can open up the installer log beforehand and look at it while it is happening and I've attached a picture of the messages.

So far I've tried:
AptioMemoryFix -> Freeze
OsxAptioFix2Drv + EmuVariableUefi -> Reset instead of freeze at the exact same point in installer
Remade config.plist from scratch -> No difference
Remade installation USB (Using createinstallmedia both times and Rehabman's clover package) -> No difference
Launching install from terminal using converttoapfs NO -> No difference
Attempt to launch installer prebooter visible in Clover after failed install -> Error Loading Kernel Cache (0xe), no boot
New WhateverGreen kext with devide injection for platform and device id -> No difference
Old IntelGraphicsFixup kext -> No difference
ApfsDriverLoader/apfs.efi -> No difference

I've been scratching my head at this for two days now, I'm not sure what else to try at this point. Any advice?

EDIT: I had the string VM hidden in config.plist and was installing on an nVMe drive which caused it to be hidden. The install boot option was always there and worked fine.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 55
  • Image-1.jpg
    Image-1.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
Nobody got anything?

Still cannot get the installer to work but booting from an already installed drive works fine. I'm not sure it's about the NVRAM or not because I did manage to make the NVRAM error go away but I still get the crash/freeze during install.

As I've seen successful installs on this motherboard from other people I'm assuming my problem stem from the BIOS update I installed. I've contacted ASUS support for a downgrade but they seemed reluctant to help. I've had ASUS BIOS updates breaking ACPI/NVRAM on my old H170 board before so it wouldn't surprise me if they did it again.

This board is actually an excellent experience apart from the installer issues, I'm getting outstanding performance and everything is working flawlessly once installed.

yo bro i have your same problem how you have fix it???

Crash doesn't matter, just restart and continue installation from your drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back