Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte LGA 1151 Intel Z170
CPU
Intel Core i7 6700K 4.00 GHz
Graphics
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 Windforce
I need some advice.

I built this Hackintosh over a year ago for my wife. Neither she nor I can remember the password for the log in Screen.

I tried to load the Recovery Partition but it freezes.

I tried to load from the USB that I used and that too freezes.

It seems like i might be missing the FakeSMC.kext file needed for the recovery to load, but i'm not sure how I can get install that without loading.

I am using Clover Config.

I need some advice.

I built this Hackintosh over a year ago for my wife. Neither she nor I can remember the password for the log in Screen.

I tried to load the Recovery Partition but it freezes.

I tried to load from the USB that I used and that too freezes.

It seems like i might be missing the FakeSMC.kext file needed for the recovery to load, but i'm not sure how I can get install that without loading.

I am using Clover Config.
Forgive my cynicism but I am always a little wary of people whose first post is "How do I break into a Mac ?".
This is a site leaning more towards installing Apple operating systems onto non-Apple hardware rather than hacking security.
That said, you are far from the first to ask this question - Try the forum Search tool to see how others fared.
Alternatively Google may turn out to be your friend.

Forgive my cynicism but I am always a little wary of people whose first post is "How do I break into a Mac ?".
This is a site leaning more towards installing Apple operating systems onto non-Apple hardware rather than hacking security.
That said, you are far from the first to ask this question - Try the forum Search tool to see how others fared.
Alternatively Google may turn out to be your friend.

I understand your cynicism. If all I wanted to do was bypass the password screen, that is very easy to do. My issue is that it is a Hackintosh and I can't get the terminal access that opening in Recovery Mode would grant me.

I've searched on this forum and on google and the solutions all seem to involve loading the Recovery Partition.

So i've been trying to solve that issue, and those solutions involve modifying the kext files (which very well may be my problem) by loading from the HD.

So, I need to be able to either modify the kext files, or access the terminal from clover or perhaps the bios? I'm reluctant to jump into that with out some sort of guide. I've searched and not been able to find any solutions to those issues. (perhaps they are there, and I'm not searching the right way)

So, I FIXED IT! :)

I was able to log in through single user mode by changing the Boot Options on the clover Screen.

change Boot Args: dart=0 to Boot Args: -s

then
  1. Type mount -uw /
  2. Type launchctl load /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.DirectoryServices.plist.
  3. Type dscl . -passwd /Users/username password , replacing username with the targeted user and password with the desired password.
  4. Reboot.
If launchctl load /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.DirectoryServices.plist. gives you an error message, try

launchctl load /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.opendirectoryd.plist. - this is the one that worked for me. :)

I have the same problem, so I'm very interested. Under the triangle icon, I found the Clover Boot Options, but there are no Boot Args: there.

Under the next icon (sprocket) I found
Boot Args:keepsyms=1 dart=0 debug=0x100 -v shikigva=40

I can change the dart=0 to -s but then what? I don't know where to Type the 'mount -uw /'

I don't understand what to do. Is this from an older, different versions of Clover? I'm using Clover Version 2.4 rev 4813

I can't figure it out. I think I'll re-install. :|

OK, meanwhile I used a Windows installation, kind of forced since I couldn't get into my Hackintosh any more. And it took me a while to figure it out, but I think everyone deserves the benefit of the doubt and what I'm about to say, is already online, so it doesn't add anything new, really.

First, you get in the bootloader. It's repeatedly pressing F12 on my Gigabyte board, I guess on every board. Then, double click on the Recovery partition to start up in Recovery mode.

From there on it's the same as on a real Mac: Go to Utilities > Terminal and type resetpassword

A password-reset-tool-window is then shown that is pretty self- explanatory :)

Really saved me a lot of time so I feel kind of obligated to put it here for others to find too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back