Contribute
Register

[Solved] FixShutdown not working after update to 10.13.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
If your still suffering with reboot on shutdown its probably related to USB ports. Just remove GenericUSBXHCI.kext and use USBInjectAll.kext only. Now my USB3.0 shows up and it shuts down.
Hello seanbarman !!!
Ok ... I am going to try your suggestion about the USB ports ... I'll report later !!! ...
BTW,
I have the kexts installed in BOTH places: EFI/CLOVER/kexts/other ... and ... /Library/Extensions/ ...
Am I right ? ... Or should they have to be only in ONE of both places ???

Hi, you should just install in one place. Its preferable to install in clover, so you can easily remove while trouble shooting as ideally you should rebuilt kext cache when removing from /library/ Extensions.

Hi, you should just install in one place. Its preferable to install in clover, so you can easily remove while trouble shooting as ideally you should rebuilt kext cache when removing from /library/ Extensions.
The change log for Multibeast 10.2 has the change: “- Updated FakeSMC installation to install to /Library/Extensions and /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/”

Doesn’t this mean, in general, you should have your kexts installed in these two locations?

A kext is just a driver, if it's in just clover, it's loaded makes no sense to be loaded from 2 locations. Check boot log. I'm no hackintosh expert but mainly use linux. I just check logs it tells you what's wrong.

If your still suffering with reboot on shutdown its probably related to USB ports. Just remove GenericUSBXHCI.kext and use USBInjectAll.kext only. Now my USB3.0 shows up and it shuts down.
Thanks. It helped for me.

One should only install kexts in one place and not two. If you need/want to install in two places don't set "Inject" in Clover but use "Detect" instead.

One should only install kexts in one place and not two. If you need/want to install in two places don't set "Inject" in Clover but use "Detect" instead.
Hello Henties !!!
THKSM to all "Hackintoshers" for yor help !!!
My computer is running fine and everything is right now !!!
Best regards,
Rafael

Removing genericusb helped for shutting down but now usb audio is not recognized as audio output

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back