Contribute
Register

[Solved]Fixes to Get Full Acceleration on Intel HD Graphics in iMac 17.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like you and I are in the same fun boat...
I've personally almost given up and I wait for the next OS update hopping that things will get better...

Hmmm, seems you got some kind of Quicksync magic in you you managed to at least load in some instances. Would be glad to try out any suggestions on how to enable it at least in your state

I guess adding FakeGFX and IG platform + reinstates the kexts? I've got a pretty decent setup and functioning hack right now (aside from quick sync and hw GPU decode + sleep).
Screen Shot 2018-02-20 at 00.34.37.png Screen Shot 2018-02-20 at 00.34.30.png Screen Shot 2018-02-20 at 00.34.26.png Screen Shot 2018-02-20 at 00.34.20.png Screen Shot 2018-02-20 at 00.36.18.png

Ah, tried something, but something failed. Kernel panic, can’t boot to my volume :( the last thing I did was to delete some of my kexts from /Library/Extensions folder (FakeSMC, Brcm..., FakePCIID etc.).

Look at the output in video, do you know what happened?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o7ba9p4gkr1clgg/KP.MOV?dl=0

PS: I can boot the volume if I boot without injected kexts but the UI hangs just a couple of seconds after I log in

EDIT: I’ve logged into the volume (booted without injected kexts option in clover) and put back the files that I deleted earlier. The same result. I don’t understand what is happening :( Something must have gone wrong with the kexts somewhere, but I don’t know what. I have InjectKexts=Yes in Clover).

EDIT2: Nvm, just restored the last EFI/Clover config and all is good, however, I have a suspicion that something is not right. I think I might have a problem with Ethernet, since sometimes when I reboot, I loose internet connection and I have to restart the router.

Last edited:
I changed the system definitions to iMac18.2 (no IntelGFX fakeid, set ig-platform to IntelHD630),

IntelHD 630 is recognized by the system
View attachment 313845
VDAcheck fails,
View attachment 313846
MacX shows no acceleration,
View attachment 313844
h264/h265 4k videos wont use the IG, nor are videos on youtube/Photos.app.

Attaching my updated config + EFI folder.

See post #30 from this thread. You need to use a connector less ig-platform id. Igpu will not show up in about this mac when properly configured and VDA checker will confirm once correct platform id is used.

See post #30 from this thread. You need to use a connector less ig-platform id. Igpu will not show up in about this mac when properly configured and VDA checker will confirm once correct platform id is used.

I use the proper connectionless platform id already, inject intel etc., but I still dont have quicksync.

Attaching my config.plist, CLOVER folder with kexts I use, IOREG etc. Please, let me know what you think I should change or try, thanks.

Attachments

• exports_settings.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 197
I use the proper connectionless platform id already, inject intel etc., but I still dont have quicksync.

Attaching my config.plist, CLOVER folder with kexts I use, IOREG etc. Please, let me know what you think I should change or try, thanks.

In clover config/system parameters make sure you check inject system ID. Try VDAChecker again. Looks like IGPU properly configured.

If it doesn't work with proper system id injected you may also want to try to reset your DRM as described here https://github.com/vit9696/Shiki/blob/master/Manual/FAQ.en.md

Then try VDA checker again.

YOU SIR! YOU ARE A GENIUS! Thank you so much, I've been looking for solutions to these problems for some time and no-one has suggested this simple trick.

Well, now, I have VDAcheck passing "Hardware acceleration is fully supported"

(but I get and error: "/BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleGVA/AppleGVA-11.3.7/Sources/Slices/Driver/AVD_loader.cpp: failed to get a service for display")

macX reports Intel acceleration!

Quicktime uses the IntelHD when playing h264/h265 content!

THANK YOU!

Screen Shot 2018-02-23 at 7.43.59 AM.png Screen Shot 2018-02-23 at 7.50.02 AM.png Screen Shot 2018-02-23 at 7.52.17 AM.png it seems like using 0x19120000 with inject intel (YES) and shikigva=28 seems to work for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back