Contribute
Register

[Solved]Fixes to Get Full Acceleration on Intel HD Graphics in iMac 17.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Several months ago, I successfully enabled **offline** HD530 Quick Sync accelerated graphics on my hack 1 (specs below) with Lilu in L>E and SSDT-HDMI-HD530-Airplay.aml file placed in EFi>CLOVER>ACPI>Patched folder.

Now I have a hack 2 (specs below) with HD630 7700K on a Z270X GAMING 5, no way to find a similar solution.
I tested all kinds of tricks from this thread and other...

Any idea ? Thanks.

Several months ago, I successfully enabled **offline** HD530 Quick Sync accelerated graphics on my hack 1 (specs below) with Lilu in L>E and SSDT-HDMI-HD530-Airplay.aml file placed in EFi>CLOVER>ACPI>Patched folder.

Now I have a hack 2 (specs below) with HD630 7700K on a Z270X GAMING 5, no way to find a similar solution.
I tested all kinds of tricks from this thread and other...

Any idea ? Thanks.
Some random tips:
Pick a SMBIOS that resembles your built.
Look for the connectorless HD630 ig-platform-id, inject Intel, enable iGPU in BIOS etc. PEG(NVIDIA)is boot card.
I also have lilu, shiki and intelgraphicsfixup kexts, and nothing graphics oriented in my ssdt's.
But AMD(what I have) is a different kettle of fish...

Some random tips:
Pick a SMBIOS that resembles your built.
Look for the connectorless HD630 ig-platform-id, inject Intel, enable iGPU in BIOS etc. PEG(NVIDIA)is boot card.
I also have lilu, shiki and intelgraphicsfixup kexts, and nothing graphics oriented in my ssdt's.
But AMD(what I have) is a different kettle of fish...
Thanks zipb. I realize that if I update Lilu + plugins to 1.2.x in my (working) Hack #1, the initial trick doesn't work anymore. I have to stay with Lilu 1.1.5. But indeed, I see there are other ways to implement the Intel acceleration via Clover instead of a SSDT patch.
I keep digging...

EDIT: it works here up to Lilu 1.1.7 + NVidiaGraphicsFixUp 1.1.3

Last edited:
edit

Last edited:
Issue seems to be shiki failed to apply nvpatch (shikigva=12), may due to AppleGVA.framework buffer size mismatch, restore native AppleGVA.framework should work.

Restore AppleGVA.framework from usb installer, run below from terminal then reboot

cd /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/
sudo codesign --deep -fs - AppleGVA.framework
sudo chown -R root:wheel AppleGVA.framework.

Thank you. This helped me get VDADecoderChecker to pass.

hi guys. is QuickSync working when exporting in h264 or h265 trough DaVinci resolve 14.1?
I'm asking because with intel power gadget my gt is always at 0ghz (while it's perfectly working if I try to record my screen with quicktime for example)

I think my h264 export of a small test movie in the free DaVinci Resolve 14 was slow and heavy on the CPU. My quicksync works OK in FCPX. Might be a limitation of the free version of Resolve.

I think my h264 export of a small test movie in the free DaVinci Resolve 14 was slow and heavy on the CPU. My quicksync works OK in FCPX. Might be a limitation of the free version of Resolve.

i have been successful on enabling quick sync in DaVinci resolve thanks to @vit9696
the issue is that my igpu reaches too high frequencies, look at the screenshot. what's the matter?

Attachments

• Schermata 2017-12-17 alle 10.23.31.png
    Schermata 2017-12-17 alle 10.23.31.png
    296.9 KB · Views: 397
i have been successful on enabling quick sync in DaVinci resolve thanks to @vit9696
the issue is that my igpu reaches too high frequencies, look at the screenshot. what's the matter?

What was the solution? Did you have to set a different clock multiplier in BIOS?

What was the solution? Did you have to set a different clock multiplier in BIOS?

solution for DaVinci resolve was this:
recompile shiki kext using the new patches.plist (it was updated yesterday)

regarding clock multiplier, yes I have overclocked my 8700k to 5ghz (so 50x multiplier)

Attachments

• Shiki.kext.zip
    13.4 KB · Views: 97
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back